[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 15, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #6,631 of 7,021
I refurbished some of my 2.5s to get them back to perfect condition. I shipped six of them to Fender to be sure they are in good shape. The connection where the two pins go into is a weak point. The other weak point is over turning the hass port screw.

Ah, gotcha. I'll just send you PMs from now on :)

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #6,632 of 7,021
I bought it used from Amazon a few months ago. Everything appeared to be in excellent condition- maybe the seller noted the same problems (which is why they were selling them). I haven't spent much time listening to them as I haven't been able to get good SQ, unfortunately :frowning2:

Yours with metal or acrylic shell ?

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #6,633 of 7,021
Yours with metal or acrylic shell ?

Mine has the red acrylic shell...hopefully there is actually an issue as it'd be hard to believe the SQ coming from this earphone isn't stellar considering how much praise they have here in this thread. I'm not giving up yet!

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #6,634 of 7,021
Mine has the red acrylic shell...hopefully there is actually an issue as it'd be hard to believe the SQ coming from this earphone isn't stellar considering how much praise they have here in this thread. I'm not giving up yet!

You mean sonically is not right ? You able to describe what is like ?
Still under factory warranty ? Did that seller give you the original receipt of this 2.5 ?

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #6,635 of 7,021
You mean sonically is not right ? You able to describe what is like ?

I'll try.

Midrange seems dull- especially vocals. Treble can be sweet but only in the upper end (>4k). Bass gets boomy in less than 1/4 turn...

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #6,636 of 7,021
I'll try.

Midrange seems dull- especially vocals. Treble can be sweet but only in the upper end (>4k). Bass gets boomy in less than 1/4 turn...

Do you have the original purchase receipt from the seller ? If you're suspecting there's a real issue there sonically . I suggested you bite the bullet and have it shipped out via FedEx priority international to fender , and let them have a check with it , but Ofcouse before you do that ,
Email them about the average cost involved with service / repair if anything found to be faulty .

Do you try equalizer tuning with them ?

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #6,637 of 7,021
Do you have the original purchase receipt from the seller ? If you're suspecting there's a real issue there sonically . I suggested you bite the bullet and have it shipped out via FedEx priority international to fender , and let them have a check with it , but Ofcouse before you do that ,
Email them about the average cost involved with service / repair if anything found to be faulty .

Do you try equalizer tuning with them ?

It was a while ago so I don't have any recourse with the seller. Chances are if the cost isn't too high I'll just send it to Fender- at least then I'll have piece of mind knowing there is nothing wrong with my pair. I can EQ but it needs quite a bit to help the lifeless mids as they are.

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #6,640 of 7,021
Sep 17, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #6,643 of 7,021
For 2.5 ? I recommend the creative sound blaster E5 :L3000:

After the E5 , then you consider those what Jmills has pointed you into:)
The E5 is a good choice.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #6,645 of 7,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back