[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 25, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #6,301 of 7,021
As I had the 2.5 for one day, how do the 2.5 sound in comparison to Forte and Harmony with bass port half open?
Is the Harmony a lot brighter and the Forte a lot darker than 2.5?
Which one has the most forward mids?
You had the 2.5 for one day ? Why ?

May 25, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #6,302 of 7,021
  As I had the 2.5 for one day, how do the 2.5 sound in comparison to Forte and Harmony with bass port half open?
Is the Harmony a lot brighter and the Forte a lot darker than 2.5?
Which one has the most forward mids?

With bass port half open, only the kickers can match up against the 2.5.  This of course is with amping and eq'ing.  No eq'ing, i think 2.5 will still win.

Nothing i've ever tried has a more forward mid than the 2.5.

May 26, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #6,303 of 7,021
I know a lot of people complain about the 2.5's having not energetic enough treble but what I hear is perfectly natural and balanced sounding. It's a bit rolled off for sure but you don't want near piercing sharp highs when you're on stage in a super loud venue or recording in studio... that's what the 2.5's are designed for.

Usually when people don't like the 2.5's highs it's more because they like sparkly highs, nothing wrong with that, it's just not the sound the ASG is going for. As much as I love the sony line I keep gravitating away from it because I prefer the neutrality of the treble/mids presentation on the 2.5 where the Sony can have just a touch of sparkliness to the sound.

May 26, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #6,304 of 7,021
You had the 2.5 for one day ? Why ?

It was a kind of a failed transaction. But I very liked what I've heared so I definitely will hunt for another 2.5 :)
The bass was simply amazing, mids quite forward (didn't expect that), not yet sure about the highs (maybe because I come from a bit more forward, yet still smooth Merlins), although I definitely don't like sparkly highs

May 26, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #6,305 of 7,021
Asg g2 and g2.5 are really amazing IEMS. They deserve the recognition and love they receive. I've had my first set for over 3 years. I understand and agree with what vapman said, makes perfect sense. I don't necessarily love sparkly highs per se, but I don't love rolled off treble either. I like a modest amount, which with a little eq, I can add to the asg's.

Depending on your sound preference, they can be perfect IEMS. For me, the Sonys just added what was missing from the asg. Downside would be the fit, isolation, and looks. Also that damn proprietary cable sucks.

May 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #6,306 of 7,021

With bass port half open, only the kickers can match up against the 2.5.  This of course is with amping and eq'ing.  No eq'ing, i think 2.5 will still win.

Nothing i've ever tried has a more forward mid than the 2.5.

ASG2 has more forward mids then the ASG2.5 but that's imo.

May 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #6,309 of 7,021
Custom 2.5

May 30, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #6,313 of 7,021
Nice. Are aurisonic still active on the custom front or is that gone now they are Fender?
They are making a few more customs but its a slow process cause their main focus now is Fenders line up. Its been a three months wait. Right now they are running music through them making sure all is ok. Im told they will ship them out by next week.

May 30, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #6,314 of 7,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back