[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 3, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #6,211 of 7,021
Yup the tings dots are out of stock for now. really bad abut that. checking all the time for them to show back up. i got 3 sets around here, hopefully they don't fall apart before they're back on the market :)

Also Spiratl Dot/Sony Hybrids/Comply/Velvet tips for me here IMO. Occasional Sureseal when the occasionan calls for it.

using the Tingo on all my Sony, ASG, Zero, pretty much anything else I have I think... might not fit Ety.

May 3, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #6,212 of 7,021
Only thing I'm not a fan of the velvet tips is the isolation. Not great in that area.

I also ordered the "complys" from Easy are they are not bad. They don't hurt my ears the way real complys do. (after extended listening sessions)

May 3, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #6,213 of 7,021
is fender using the same quality drivers as in asg or are they now using different drivers with their new line up

Did anyone tell Andy that the asg2.5 is a big hit and that they should maybe consider keeping it in the pipeline

May 3, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #6,215 of 7,021
Gents greeting,

Maybe one has 2.0 and 2.5?

Looking forward to step in...

Posible to contact Dale? ...to send for retuning?

Which is warmer? On full open air.

Most important less in 1-3kHz band.

Wondering if 14.2mm driver is actually more decent tech so size doesnt matter in this case. ( Fat warm sub resonance and lowered mids kind of sound preffered )

Any feedback appreciated.

May 3, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #6,216 of 7,021
Gents greeting,

Maybe one has 2.0 and 2.5?

Looking forward to step in...

Posible to contact Dale? ...to send for retuning?

Which is warmer? On full open air.

Most important less in 1-3kHz band.

Wondering if 14.2mm driver is actually more decent tech so size doesnt matter in this case. ( Fat warm sub resonance and lowered mids kind of sound preffered )

Any feedback appreciated.
2.5 bass hits deeper into the sub bass. 2.0 a bit more in the mid bass.

May 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #6,218 of 7,021
Mid bass you meant in 100Hz or 60Hz ?
Ha sorry Im not a number s guy. Basically on bass songs the 2.0 is at home but on Rock songs, pop songs or classical its a hit or miss. The 2.5 can do better on most atyles of mysic. 2.5 has more sub bass. What number is that? I dont know dont want to know. I just buy it a listen to it.

May 3, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #6,219 of 7,021
So just chiming in, but I am a newfound AS fan and cannot wait to hear the ASG 2.5. The review from the OP was great. I had bought the Fender FXA2 (fun, bassy, but pretty dark signature), then purchased the AS Forte, which is a pretty fantastic IEM in its own right. I am actually enjoying the forte a whole lot. My next buy was going to be a chord mojo, but I think I am dead set on getting a 2.5 first. 

I'm hoping that the 2.5 really bangs out the lower sub-bass regions. The forte seems to have pretty darn good mid bass, but seems to be lacking around 70hz and below. Now, I say lacking in that it is still pretty good, but color me a basshead and I want me some more damn bass.

May 3, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #6,220 of 7,021
 is fender using the same quality drivers as in asg or are they now using different drivers with their new line up

Did anyone tell Andy that the asg2.5 is a big hit and that they should maybe consider keeping it in the pipeline

I would imagine that Fender will make good of their acquisition with AS and expand the product line to customs and a fender variant of the 2.5 or some other TOTL iem (not downplaying the harmony). Given my knowledge of product launches and manufacturing cycles, I would imagine that it won't be until about a year or so that we hear or see anything from them in these regards. After all, they really only launched yesterday in hardware speak. Who knows tho, if the launch goes smooth and they sell the lineup well, we might hear some rumblings in september in time for the holidays. They'd have to move real quick for that (fingers crossed).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back