[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 3, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #6,226 of 7,021
Going to sell off some things... Just purchased brushed nickel asg g2.5... Probably going to sell the red asg g2.5 and my black asg g2. No need for all this foolishness.

If you post the red 2.5s for sale, just come back and let us know. I was thinking I'd wait a little before getting them, but I might be interested.

Enjoy the nickels! Those thing are very sharp looking. I've heard there are subtle changes to the signature with those.

May 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #6,227 of 7,021
May 3, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #6,229 of 7,021
If you post the red 2.5s for sale, just come back and let us know. I was thinking I'd wait a little before getting them, but I might be interested.

Enjoy the nickels! Those thing are very sharp looking. I've heard there are subtle changes to the signature with those.

How about Titanium ASg - 2.5? 
biggrin.gif
 wonder if any companies would reshell with Titanium for a price.  Also, does anyone know any service that would do a custom reshell for these Universal ASG-2.5? Like turn these ASG-2.5 into Custom 2.5

May 3, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #6,230 of 7,021
May 3, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #6,232 of 7,021
Jmills backups are probably 24ks haha!

Just thought I'd mention it Warrior. Either way, enjoy the nickels!
Ha, mine are multiple plastic back ups. Im a pleb.

May 4, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #6,233 of 7,021
May 4, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #6,234 of 7,021
All I have to say about linum + aurisonics is I hope your ear tips stay in place really securely. At least in my experience I didn't realize the weight of the cable helped to keep the IEMs in your ears. I kept having my Kickers fall out when I had linums on them...

May 4, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #6,235 of 7,021
  All I have to say about linum + aurisonics is I hope your ear tips stay in place really securely. At least in my experience I didn't realize the weight of the cable helped to keep the IEMs in your ears. I kept having my Kickers fall out when I had linums on them...

Yep, that is a danger with non-memory wire cables - the memory wire helps them stay in properly. 

Anyhow - I have my linux cables on the 1Plus and that works like a charm.

You need to have a  secure fit for sure. But the OP asked specifically for non-memory wire cables....so that's the one I can recommend.

May 4, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #6,236 of 7,021
I agree entirely with everything you said. I should have made it clear that I don't know any other non-memory wire options either.

However the memory wire on the stock wires (and most other) is just heatshink, so if you're not squeamish, you can take a razor and split it down the middle and then peel off the clear heatshrink. Bam, no more memory wire.

The obvious problem is one little mistake and you might take out your cable too.

edit: I just remembered I got some IEMs with 2 pin cables from AliExpress. Those will be like $20 a piece to buy on their own, but you wouldn't get them for like a month. Also, of the two 2-pin cables I got, only one fit the ASG 2.5, the other was too wide at the base where the pins protruded and it would not go in all the way. so YMMV if you go the AliExpress route.

May 4, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #6,237 of 7,021
Linum.dk not fancy but very discreet, sturdy and no memory wire. Also the lightest cable you have ever used.

Affordable too.

If you want more affordable. Fiio does have a cable too.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. Needed a thin cable for the portion that connects into the IEM as I wear glasses. Which incidentally serves as an anchor to keep the cable in place.

May 4, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #6,238 of 7,021
You should'nt have an issue with lack of support from the extremely light Linum cables then. go wild! and if the linums work for you, maybe try cutting off the heatshrink the stock cable when you're in a patient mood.

May 4, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #6,239 of 7,021

What type of connector do the Bravo and Fender series use? Is it not the same 2-pin as the ASG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back