[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Apr 3, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #6,062 of 7,021
  Basicly the easiest way to recognize them is by their color. Asg-2 is like matte color and asg2.5 is like metallic shine color right?

Basically yes. If you want to upload a photo of the unit you're buying I can tell you straight away.

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #6,064 of 7,021
I just pull the trigger purchasing a used unit from a head-fier waiting for seller to ship it over. 

I wanted to find the red color unit but can't find someone selling it therefore i bought the black unit.

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #6,065 of 7,021
I just pull the trigger purchasing a used unit from a head-fier waiting for seller to ship it over. 

I wanted to find the red color unit but can't find someone selling it therefore i bought the black unit.
cool!

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #6,066 of 7,021
So these just came today:

*Starts listening with tuning screw closed*
"Ahh, where's the bass, maybe it's my source"
*Changes tips, listens again"
"Meh, about the same"
"Alright, let's just try some more tunes before I start tuning 
o2smile.gif
"

Fast forward to this morning:

"Alright, it is TIME"
*Turns screw halfway, plays song*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wzcfz2aKo
"Holy crap 
basshead.gif
"

Seriously, I laughed by myself in an empty room, this is ridiculous xD

Really though, this is a great IEM...given the reviews I hear there's more clarity/midbass (with a trade-off of sibilance on some tracks) with the ASG 2.0; it makes me wonder if I should consider scouring the net for one. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #6,067 of 7,021
So these just came today:

*Starts listening with tuning screw closed*
"Ahh, where's the bass, maybe it's my source"
*Changes tips, listens again"
"Meh, about the same"
"Alright, let's just try some more tunes before I start tuning :o2smile: "

Fast forward to this morning:

"Alright, it is TIME"
*Turns screw halfway, plays song*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wzcfz2aKo
"Holy crap :basshead: "

Seriously, I laughed by myself in an empty room, this is ridiculous xD

Really though, this is a great IEM...given the reviews I hear there's more clarity/midbass (with a trade-off of sibilance on some tracks) with the ASG 2.0; it makes me wonder if I should consider scouring the net for one. 
You playing it from ? Amped ?

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #6,069 of 7,021
Source is a stock Nexus 6P with Neutron Player; it also sounds very good amped through the ODAC. 
Its a great iem, I have three of them. It needs time to burn in, a silver cable will improve the sound and try various tips. I amp all three.

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #6,070 of 7,021
Its a great iem, I have three of them. It needs time to burn in, a silver cable will improve the sound and try various tips. I amp all three.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right- there's quite a bit of warmth to male vocals- they need to be thinned out slightly so they sound clearer. Would a silver cable help this?

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #6,071 of 7,021
Yeah, I'm thinking you're right- there's quite a bit of warmth to male vocals- they need to be thinned out slightly so they sound clearer. Would a silver cable help this?
burn in,200 hrs, neutral amp, RHA Silicon tips will. EQ can help aswell.

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #6,072 of 7,021
burn in,200 hrs, neutral amp, RHA Silicon tips will. EQ can help aswell.

ODAC is pretty damn neutral...will have to try a silver cable at some point after getting some hours on them; my pair is slightly used (I think, they look mint) but eventually I'll get the most out of them.

Otherwise, they sound great- I can see why you have three xD

Any suggestions on a cable? I don't want to spend a fortune, lol

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #6,073 of 7,021
ODAC is pretty damn neutral...will have to try a silver cable at some point after getting some hours on them; my pair is slightly used (I think, they look mint) but eventually I'll get the most out of them.

Otherwise, they sound great- I can see why you have three xD

Any suggestions on a cable? I don't want to spend a fortune, lol
Just get a pure Silver cable. Does not have to cost a lot. This one sounded great but aint easy to find.

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #6,075 of 7,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back