[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Mar 18, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #6,046 of 7,021

You, sir, are a genius!

I also love the RHA tips but only tried to get them over the wide bore of the 2.5s for a few seconds before giving up as I use the large tips which have a slightly longer core and thus are more malleable and more fiddly to get on. But thanks to you're post they're now and doing their thing.

u r welcome, whenever i buy an iem i spread out all the tips i have usually in sizes medium and large, and go through one song without using eqs, and try each and every tip i have, until i get to the point where i am completely satisfied

another think people can do is just take a silicon tip, and a comply tip, remove the plastic core of the comply, so you will have only comply foam

then roll over the comply on the shaft of your silicon tip

now you have a silicon tip from outside filled with comply foam inside

the above is just for experimenting and more tunning

then another thing u do with tips, is buy the radiance mold from ebay, flip the silicon inside out, fill the silicon with the molding radiance and stick in your ear to take shape of ear cannal, now you have a tip that is custom made for u. there is a video for that

see video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea8OXLvtI_A

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #6,048 of 7,021
  <tip advice>

Thanks for the tip(s). Might give the foam inserts a try. Although the RHA tips are the best I've found sonically, they don't isolate as well as the SureSeals for some reason.

No amp. Use it with Sony ZX2. I plan to get a better cable in the near future

I find these don't need an amp to play to decent volumes. They're pretty sensitive at 123dB @1mW. However listening from my phone can't compare to through the Explorer² - the DAC inside it is phenomenal and really enhances the incredible soundstage, amongst other things, of the 2.5s.

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #6,052 of 7,021
I had the Shure Se846 and still have the G2. Both are really great IEMS, but I preferred just about everything on the G2, especially the bass. The mids may have been a little more forward on the 8s. Build quality definitely goes to the Shure, along with packaging (if that matters) along with the goodies that come with it. For me, the G2 is just a unique IEM, one that'd I'd never sell.

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #6,055 of 7,021
I usually use Comply Foam tips but today I put a pair of RHA Silicin tips on my 2.5. It really made the 2.5 to becoming another iem. With the RHA Tips I can open the bass port cause these tips made the over all sound more airy with mids and treble sounding more alive. The Foam tips I still enjoy. Foam tips makes the 2.5 sound like a record, bass becomes very very powerful.

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #6,057 of 7,021
We're you able to get one set of rha tips or did you have to buy the card with like 7 sets
Over here I can buy a set at a time. About $2.75 a set.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #6,058 of 7,021
Hi guys i was just wondering is asg 2 stealth edition is the same as asg 2.5 ?

If they are not the both different edition, how do i different them ?

How do i tell the different of asg 2 and asg 2.5 in picture ?

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #6,059 of 7,021

2.5 not ressed pins.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #6,060 of 7,021

They have slightly different shell moulds and the paint finish is different.

ASG-2

ASG 2.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back