[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Mar 17, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #6,031 of 7,021

Custom 2.5

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #6,034 of 7,021
I use a very rare tip on my ASG, I don't think I'll ever be able to source other set either, it's totally random set. It's a sad situation because nothing else in my tip collection works the same.

That's unfortunate, man. It's pretty hard to find any form of tips (sold separately) in the UK, or maybe it's just me?

Currently alternating between the SureSeal and some I pulled off a Sennheiser CX475 but I think the supplied ones have the edge seal-wise. Not many others seem to like the SureSeals, but I think they're actually really decent.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #6,035 of 7,021
That's unfortunate, man. It's pretty hard to find any form of tips (sold separately) in the UK, or maybe it's just me?

Currently alternating between the SureSeal and some I pulled off a Sennheiser CX475 but I think the supplied ones have the edge seal-wise. Not many others seem to like the SureSeals, but I think they're actually really decent.

For tips I generally order them from eBay USA, they have quite a variety usually shipping from China (yes takes a few weeks but good prices) Any country, or at least in Australia I just check out on the USA site.

Reason I say eBay USA is because they have a much wider variety of items, even from overseas sellers.

Just search 'ear tips'

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #6,037 of 7,021
ok guys I know i have been waiting and waiting for the asg 2.5 to arrive back from repair, as I destroyed the bass dial even without having the chance to listen to them for more than few minutes and with the wrong choice of tips, stupid me. I was so disappointed in it as a whole

So yesterday they came back, i decided to first start off by listening without touching the bass dial for few days to get to know how this iem sounds like

so I got it, connected it to

cowon d-- headstage 5tx --- asg 2.5

press play on cowon d and listened to dire straits, dial in my fav eq settings in cowon d, then i listened to some bass heavy songs, man that bass is like a cannon 

guess what I continued listening for 4 straight hours to this gem iem, and I usually do not listen more than 1 hour max continuously

MAN this asg 2.5 struck me by how amazing it sounds, I am a huge believer in changing tips, and the RHA tips are the best there is, no other tip can maintain the amazing bass and at the same time have this amazing mids and highs 

honestly i will order 3 new sets of this rha medium tip as with all my iems it is the one that always is the best sounding from bass, mids to highs

guys what a great iem the 2.5 it is, simply tooo ammazing

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #6,038 of 7,021
@hykhleif 

Welcome to the club of 2.5 aficionados! I will try the RHA tips now with mine as well!

cheers and enjoy them :wink:

I remember with mine that I was blown away by the bass in the beginning and then thought - ok, let my dial it down as I am sure the previous user (it was a demo piece) left it on fully open. then I realized the bass vent was closed all the time, there was even more to come, LOL.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #6,039 of 7,021
@hykhleif

Welcome to the club of 2.5 aficionados! I will try the RHA tips now with mine as well!

I remember with mine that I was blown away by the bass in the beginning and then thought - ok, let my dial it down as I am sure the previous user (it was a demo piece) left it on fully open. then I realized the bass vent was closed all the time, there was even more to come, LOL.
HA HA :)

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #6,040 of 7,021
  @hykhleif 

yeah man, try it with rha tips, and lsiten to why worry by dire straits and close your eyes and you will know how beautiful the mids and highs are on the asg 2.5 and rha tips with amazing bass notes.

I test iems with that song for quality of sound, then i go to the bass heavy stuff later, as I like to get a sense how well the whole spectrum is, and why worry by dire straits has some real amazing notes to look into in evaluating an iem

after that i test with some edm, and progressive rock

of course I am using 5tx and cowon d in my chain

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #6,042 of 7,021
New 2.5 owner here. Oh boy... That bass with just 1/4 port open is thunderous. Now all my other iems are lacking bass. Am I a basshead? This is unique, a collector's item. So different from the others.Gonna buy a second pair just in case... Cheers

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #6,044 of 7,021
New 2.5 owner here. Oh boy... That bass with just 1/4 port open is thunderous. Now all my other iems are lacking bass. Am I a basshead? This is unique, a collector's item. So different from the others.Gonna buy a second pair just in case... Cheers
great iem.

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #6,045 of 7,021
  ok guys I know i have been waiting and waiting for the asg 2.5 to arrive back from repair, as I destroyed the bass dial even without having the chance to listen to them for more than few minutes and with the wrong choice of tips, stupid me. I was so disappointed in it as a whole

So yesterday they came back, i decided to first start off by listening without touching the bass dial for few days to get to know how this iem sounds like

so I got it, connected it to

cowon d-- headstage 5tx --- asg 2.5

press play on cowon d and listened to dire straits, dial in my fav eq settings in cowon d, then i listened to some bass heavy songs, man that bass is like a cannon 

guess what I continued listening for 4 straight hours to this gem iem, and I usually do not listen more than 1 hour max continuously

MAN this asg 2.5 struck me by how amazing it sounds, I am a huge believer in changing tips, and the RHA tips are the best there is, no other tip can maintain the amazing bass and at the same time have this amazing mids and highs 

honestly i will order 3 new sets of this rha medium tip as with all my iems it is the one that always is the best sounding from bass, mids to highs

guys what a great iem the 2.5 it is, simply tooo ammazing

You, sir, are a genius!

I also love the RHA tips but only tried to get them over the wide bore of the 2.5s for a few seconds before giving up as I use the large tips which have a slightly longer core and thus are more malleable and more fiddly to get on. But thanks to you're post they're now and doing their thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back