[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Apr 3, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #6,077 of 7,021
Apr 3, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #6,079 of 7,021

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #6,080 of 7,021
Just bought the used 2.0 first real IEM, so am wondering if anyone has the specs and any recommendations for amp or not etc...

Currently I have no DAP been using mainly Over Ears with lossless digital off laptop to my MHDT Havana to couple amp choices at the moment.  Really looking forward to hearing these from all the posted comments they look like right up my alley

All advice appreciated.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #6,081 of 7,021
I use the crying C5 with mine. Excellent pairing. Fiio X3 OG was probably my favorite dap for them, love the hardware eq.

Also used Ray Samuel's intruder and another amp a friend lent me. All sounded very nice. Highly recommended to purchase an amp for them, big difference...

Also used a number of daps with them, all sounded pretty damn good.

I have a Mojo but havent paired them together yet, I could give it a go later if your interested. If not, I'm not in any rush.

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #6,083 of 7,021
I use the crying C5 with mine. Excellent pairing. Fiio X3 OG was probably my favorite dap for them, love the hardware eq.

Also used Ray Samuel's intruder and another amp a friend lent me. All sounded very nice. Highly recommended to purchase an amp for them, big difference...

Also used a number of daps with them, all sounded pretty damn good.

I have a Mojo but havent paired them together yet, I could give it a go later if your interested. If not, I'm not in any rush.

Thanks for the input.  I currently have the supremely adjustable Garage 1217 starlight which is supposed to be able to dial it in for background silence.  I also have a bottlehead crack which I doubt would be very good with IEM (I get tube hiss with Senn HD650 after approx 12 Oclock on the knob),  I can turn down the output on foobar which should allow for more volume knob adjustment on the amp.

I really just want to get a good idea of SQ before I get into dap and portable amps.  Also need to find out if I can stand wearing them (Comfort)

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #6,084 of 7,021
How do the Rhapsodio RDB mk.IV compare to the ASG2.5? I read a review on the Rhap and apparently that has monster levels of sub/bass? Anyone tried them?
MKIV is nice but not close to the 2.5 bass level.

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #6,086 of 7,021
I found the Aurisonics to work well with:

ifi iDSD Nano
Cayin C5
RSA The Predator
JDS Labs C5D

the ifi iDSD micro is not really that portable so....

Also, the Hifiman 901 really drives it well. Lots of fun listening to that combo.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #6,088 of 7,021
Apr 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #6,089 of 7,021
2.0's arrived today have a couple ? 1 how do you determine polarity ?  the cables are not clearly marked and appear as though they would mount either direction. @nd does anyone have contact information for Aurisonics ? 

Listening to test tones  in an attempt to gauge how low I can actually hear with these I find the left ear piece has a pretty bad vibration / buzz.  Cant tell it with just music but it is definitely there at tones up and over 60hz

Thanks

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #6,090 of 7,021
i recommended in the past using rha tips, so today i did some tip mod recommended in the sony z5 thread, get a medium comply foam tip and remove its plastic core from inside and slide it on the shaft of the rha tip

you will get great great isolation with incredible bass and highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back