[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Dec 17, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #6,828 of 7,021
Just got my Dayton IMM-06 and made myself a quick and dirty measuring kit. Never saw anyone comparing bass port effects of the ASG-2.0 so I thought I'll give it a shot.

Of course note that my measurements aren't exactly the best so take it with a grain of salt. But a lot of what I'm hearing seems to be well represented in the FR curves. (Especially that 2.0 sub-bass rolloff, hot damn)

Etymotic ER4PT for reference

Bass port fully closed
 ​
Bass port on second notch
 ​
Bass port on third notch
 ​
Bass port fully opened (not a lot of change from the third notch, a little added bass bleed into the midrange)
 ​
If my measurements are accurate, that's more than 12dB of difference between bass and mids at max blast. Holy hell that'll rattle anyone's skull for sure.

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #6,829 of 7,021
Just got my Dayton IMM-06 and made myself a quick and dirty measuring kit. Never saw anyone comparing bass port effects of the ASG-2.0 so I thought I'll give it a shot.

Of course note that my measurements aren't exactly the best so take it with a grain of salt. But a lot of what I'm hearing seems to be well represented in the FR curves. (Especially that 2.0 sub-bass rolloff, hot damn)

Etymotic ER4PT for reference

Bass port fully closed

Bass port on second notch

Bass port on third notch

Bass port fully opened (not a lot of change from the third notch, a little added bass bleed into the midrange)

If my measurements are accurate, that's more than 12dB of difference between bass and mids at max blast. Holy hell that'll rattle anyone's skull for sure.

Wow play until so technical :xf_eek: skull will be good , but not so sure on the ear drum :D
Maybe I meet you in yishun , if you don't mind , help do a measurement for my 2.5 :p

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #6,830 of 7,021

Wow play until so technical
redface.gif
skull will be good , but not so sure on the ear drum
biggrin.gif

Maybe I meet you in yishun , if you don't mind , help do a measurement for my 2.5
tongue.gif

Well I don't mind, the measurement rig is so small that I can fit it in my pocket :)

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #6,832 of 7,021
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0pS7L6ksc2c

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #6,834 of 7,021
Dec 19, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #6,835 of 7,021
No iem does EDM, Electronic or New Wave better than the 2.5.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #6,836 of 7,021
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0pS7L6ksc2c

I thought you n I were crazy . I'm surprised that Jim Carrey does it too :xf_eek:

No iem does EDM, Electronic or New Wave better than the 2.5.

Besides Trang moon that Viet DJ , soda was too hot as well .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/dajXP0VVgaw[/VIDEO]

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #6,837 of 7,021
Following on from my issue with my right side driver not working right, I sent my set from the UK on the 28th of Dec and they were delivered on the 11th of Jan.

I cant get a hold of anyone from Aurisonics/Fender and Andy hasnt replied to my last 2-3 emails.

Called the office but no one is answering.

Does anyone know if anything is up??

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #6,838 of 7,021
Following on from my issue with my right side driver not working right, I sent my set from the UK on the 28th of Dec and they were delivered on the 11th of Jan.

I cant get a hold of anyone from Aurisonics/Fender and Andy hasnt replied to my last 2-3 emails.

Called the office but no one is answering.

Does anyone know if anything is up??
It takes about two months, they are under manned.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #6,839 of 7,021
Longshot:

Does anyone by any chance have a right side ear piece they do not need? Like if their left side broke? My right side earpiece has packed it in and I'm pretty sure I'm way out of warranty to get them repaired so putting it out there and seeing if anyone by any luck has a black right earpiece they would like to sell.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #6,840 of 7,021
I got my repaired set back from Andy (who was awesome about the whole experience - I didnt know he was away at the MANN show so I was pestering him like crazy).

Both dynamic drivers had to be replaced in both sides, since getting them back I just feel that they are lacking low end? 

The low frequencies before had great impact but now they sound hollow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back