[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Dec 11, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #6,796 of 7,021
oh ok. Taping the vent closed apparently turns this into a bass cannon. I can't comment on it from personal experience. Hawaiibadboy has a very interesting review of this on youtube, check out the vid. Its on here under ex800st review also. I know he's a basshead to the extreme, has helped me in other choices, mainly sz1000/2000, c5 and mojo.

He had the 2.5 and rates these more so as the bass master, that's why im curious to other people's experience between the two, must have vent mod though.

You got a nice selection of kit in your profile bud.

Im saving up for vega, but this sony has really puqued my interest. The 2.5 attracted me for so long also

you are right maybe vented will give more bass, but to me the issue with sony iems u mentioned were mids and highs and being natural in sound sig

one of my buddies @warrior1975 loves sony and he is a basshead, he will not get angry from me bashing sony iems as he is my buddy and we are allowed to disagree, i am sure he will find some iems i own not to his liking and can bash as he wants and i will not get upset, unlike others if the word asg 2.5 gets mentioned in some threads fire works start to fly. 

asg 2.5 is the king of bass no iem has that type of bass peroid.

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #6,797 of 7,021
you are right maybe vented will give more bass, but to me the issue with sony iems u mentioned were mids and highs and being natural in sound sig

one of my buddies @warrior1975
 loves sony and he is a basshead, he will not get angry from me bashing sony iems as he is my buddy and we are allowed to disagree, i am sure he will find some iems i own not to his liking and can bash as he wants and i will not get upset, unlike others if the word asg 2.5 gets mentioned in some threads fire works start to fly. 

asg 2.5 is the king of bass no iem has that type of bass peroid.
mate, i have zero emotional attachment to anything on headfi, were talking about earphones, not family nembers lol. I see audio products as something that produces a sound, no more or less.

It's funny you say sparks fly when the 2.5 get mentioned... (I think im too mellowed compared to audiophiles to get riled over an opinion over a earphone, I dont 'get it' maybe).

Im aware the 2.5 are regarded by many as THE king... I come across somebody who is pretty extreme into bass and EQ a while back, has had the 2.5 and a diff product playing at the same time and explained his personal thouggts that's all. Im not into any product, just a result. As you say your opinion is 2.5 is the bass king, another persons opinion says it got told to sit down (my words).

Thought it would be cool to see if you other bass lovers have experienced the vent modded ex800st that's all bud. For all I know, a few of you in this thread may even have the EX800ST sat in a drawer, never heard of taping the vent, try it and go OMG!!! Or... say not for me... makes zero difference to me either way.

I remembered someone loving the v moda m100 (I have the crossfade wireless and am a big fan) saying it destroys everything etc. He claimed it would outdo my sz1000 setup (without hearing it) it would make zero difference to me if it did. I set up both, no... the sz1000 with 55x pads and cayin C5 EQ'd embarrased my Vmoda for sheer bass qualities. The guy didn't realise what he didn't know but that's ok, I think he ended up getting the sz1000/2000 not sure.

Anyway, not trying to upset anyone by asking for an opinion of this modded 800st, just general feedback if it's worth the purchase, never mind.

Would love to hear the 2.5 someday through my c5 with bass boost on!

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #6,798 of 7,021
mate, i have zero emotional attachment to anything on headfi, were talking about earphones, not family nembers lol. I see audio products as something that produces a sound, no more or less.

It's funny you say sparks fly when the 2.5 get mentioned... (I think im too mellowed compared to audiophiles to get riled over an opinion over a earphone, I dont 'get it' maybe).

Im aware the 2.5 are regarded by many as THE king... I come across somebody who is pretty extreme into bass and EQ a while back, has had the 2.5 and a diff product playing at the same time and explained his personal thouggts that's all. Im not into any product, just a result. As you say your opinion is 2.5 is the bass king, another persons opinion says it got told to sit down (my words).

Thought it would be cool to see if you other bass lovers have experienced the vent modded ex800st that's all bud. For all I know, a few of you in this thread may even have the EX800ST sat in a drawer, never heard of taping the vent, try it and go OMG!!! Or... say not for me... makes zero difference to me either way.

I remembered someone loving the v moda m100 (I have the crossfade wireless and am a big fan) saying it destroys everything etc. He claimed it would outdo my sz1000 setup (without hearing it) it would make zero difference to me if it did. I set up both, no... the sz1000 with 55x pads and cayin C5 EQ'd embarrased my Vmoda for sheer bass qualities. The guy didn't realise what he didn't know but that's ok, I think he ended up getting the sz1000/2000 not sure.

Anyway, not trying to upset anyone by asking for an opinion of this modded 800st, just general feedback if it's worth the purchase, never mind.

Would love to hear the 2.5 someday through my c5 with bass boost on!

well no one gets upset here, on the contrary here is the coolest thread. 

As much as i loved the asg 2.5 I sold it so this speaks for itself I am not attached to anything. But I heard alot of iems and I give you my experience and my experience involves tons of tip tolling, eq and using different sources. 

What I wrote about each is what i experienced personally.

if people get angry from saying what they find then we are really too attached

for example many people said the fit of ibasso it03 is not ideal, while when i bought it today i can say its a really nice fit to my ears

so everything should not be taken as if it is math where 1+1=2, this is will never be true. For example when I auditioned the ibasso today with the supplied tips it sounded really really bad, then i took out the tips and placed the sony hybird foam filled tips and boom you have explosive bass, great mids and big sound stage, so the ibasso totaly changes with the right tip for you. So this tiny tips change has huge huge impact on sound 

so how can we get facts etched in stone when there are so many variables 

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #6,799 of 7,021
well no one gets upset here, on the contrary here is the coolest thread. 

As much as i loved the asg 2.5 I sold it so this speaks for itself I am not attached to anything. But I heard alot of iems and I give you my experience and my experience involves tons of tip tolling, eq and using different sources. 

What I wrote about each is what i experienced personally.

if people get angry from saying what they find then we are really too attached

for example many people said the fit of ibasso it03 is very not ideal, while when i bought it today i can say its really nice fit to my ears

so everything should not be taken as if it is math where 1+1=2, this is will never be true. For example when I auditioned the ibasso today with the supplied tips it sounded really really bad, then i took out the tips and placed the sony hybird foam filled tips and boom you have explosive bass, great midsand big sound stage. So this tiny tips change has huge huge impact on sound 

so how can we get facts etched in stone when there are so many variables 
Absolutely right in what you say. As you said the IT03 with stock tips sounded bad, you done your tip thing and boom audivana!

Yes, you tried the EX800ST but not under the conditions I asked, which apparently makes the same IEM uncomparable. It may sound like crap, I really dont know, have no idea...

All I know is, 2.5 owners must really love them some bass so it seemed logical to ask.

Im not looking as such for etched in stone facts so to say. If say 15 people confirm they have listened to both and 12 out of 15 say x IEM goes harder with x qualities it is a general idea which would help me, fully acknowledging opinions are personal.

Heard good things about your new IEM, very nice apparently!

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #6,800 of 7,021
Absolutely right in what you say. As you said the IT03 with stock tips sounded bad, you done your tip thing and boom audivana!

Yes, you tried the EX800ST but not under the conditions I asked, which apparently makes the same IEM uncomparable. It may sound like crap, I really dont know, have no idea...

All I know is, 2.5 owners must really love them some bass so it seemed logical to ask.

Im not looking as such for etched in stone facts so to say. If say 15 people confirm they have listened to both and 12 out of 15 say x IEM goes harder with x qualities it is a general idea which would help me, fully acknowledging opinions are personal.

Heard good things about your new IEM, very nice apparently!

the good thing is both the asg and the sony ones are not expensive, so if god forbid you bought one and did not like it, it will not have a huge impact on your wallet :) unlike iems that cost over 2500 USD 

so even if you buy either and did not like it you can sell it and deal with the reduced price you sold it for. 

here is an advise for diy tip rolling, buy the trinity audio tips take its foam, and put it in a spinfit tip and tell me what you will get? tip rolling has huge huge impact. With this you get the great highs of spinfit and with it having foam you get a bass boost that is lost in spinfit without having foam

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #6,801 of 7,021
the good thing is both the asg and the sony ones are not expensive, so if god forbid you bought one and did not like it, it will not have a huge impact on your wallet :) unlike iems that cost over 2500 USD 

so even if you buy either and did not like it you can sell it and deal with the reduced price you sold it for. 

here is an advise for diy tip rolling, buy the trinity audio tips take its foam, and put it in a spinfit tip and tell me what you will get? tip rolling has huge huge impact. With this you get the great highs of spinfit and with it having foam you get a bass boost that is lost in spinfit without having foam
very true, I may just go online now and buy the ex800st right now out of curiosity.

I had my package of kombi tips come in yesterday, also asked about spinfits, should I just glue the foam into the spinfits?

Any news on whether fender will release what they deem is their version of the 2.5?

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #6,802 of 7,021
Does anybody have experience of the 2.5 vs ex800st with vent mod?

How do they compare?

Cheers!

They both hit hard, but I give the edge to the sony when they are maxed out.   The asg goes into one tone bass when pushed to its limits where the sony still holds its composer.  The asg distorts when pushed to the limit, I never got to the limits of the sony.  i tried onece and seriously thought that I damaged my ears.  It takes a ton of power.

The asg sound sig is very smooth, to smooth sometimes when you want that sparkle at the top.  The sony will show some sibilance at times but very little, where as the asg with show none at all.  The stage is wider on the asg.  Anything else your gonna have to judge for yourself.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #6,803 of 7,021
very true, I may just go online now and buy the ex800st right now out of curiosity.

I had my package of kombi tips come in yesterday, also asked about spinfits, should I just glue the foam into the spinfits?

Any news on whether fender will release what they deem is their version of the 2.5?

i do not glue the foam into spinfits, you can try and tell what you get

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #6,804 of 7,021

People also complain about the fit issue with the sony.  what i found to work is small tips and deep insertion.  This is a good way to know if you have the right seal, put on the iem, put on a bass track, if you push in the iem and hear a difference in bass then you don't have a correct seal yet.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #6,805 of 7,021

They both hit hard, but I give the edge to the sony when they are maxed out.   The asg goes into one tone bass when pushed to its limits where the sony still holds its composer.  The asg distorts when pushed to the limit, I never got to the limits of the sony.  i tried onece and seriously thought that I damaged my ears.  It takes a ton of power.

The asg sound sig is very smooth, to smooth sometimes when you want that sparkle at the top.  The sony will show some sibilance at times but very little, where as the asg with show none at all.  The stage is wider on the asg.  Anything else your gonna have to judge for yourself.

i do not go to extremes of distorting bass to such extents on asg,  but what the asg has besides the bass is that wide amazing sound stage which is among the best i heard, 

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #6,806 of 7,021

cheers for the feedback bud

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #6,807 of 7,021
@jmills8

Wanted to say something about Arch Enemy as I listened to them a few times when I was really young but that voice right now, it just can't sit right in my ears...

By the way, their instrumentals are really sweet.

Also, you personally seem to like the rawest possible type of music. Let me give you the best (worst?) I know. 

And, a classic! 

If those make your day better somehow, I helped and it's something to smile about :D

Now on me, I cannot really listen to those anymore, it's just unsettling, like creating some sort of anxiety when I try to. 
Eskimo Callboy, yes fun band.Thanks

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #6,808 of 7,021

U haven't try those red tips :confused_face_2:

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #6,809 of 7,021
U haven't try those red tips
confused_face_2.gif

please send me the link again :)

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #6,810 of 7,021
please send me the link again :)

SML 3pair SML Silicone Ear Pads Ear bud Tips For Earphone In-ear Headphone Accessories Ear Cushions Cover earphone cap Red Color http://s.aliexpress.com/EJ7BJF7J (from AliExpress Android)

SML 3pair SML Silicone Ear Pads Ear bud Tips For Earphone In-ear Headphone Accessories Ear Cushions Cover earphone cap Red Color
http://s.aliexpress.com/EJ7BJF7J
(from AliExpress Android)

Alternatively , ask your bro jmills8 to sent you a pairs ! He got dozens extra :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back