[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Feb 9, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #6,856 of 7,021
The Double Helix Cables Fusion are waaaay too much!

Looking to spend a max of $50.
It will greatly improve the over all sound and last a long long time.

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #6,857 of 7,021
The Double Helix Cables Fusion are waaaay too much!

Looking to spend a max of $50.

I'm using a cheap noble cable with one of my brushed Nickel 2.5 . Got it dirt cheap from a guy whom doesn't need it . The cable comes with his 2k+ noble CIEM .
What I'm getting it from the cable is , more openness , clarity playing off spotify on my HTC mobile .

I'm not cable pro of any kind , jmills do those all the time and till this day , he had accumulated vast experience and has been experimenting tons of various cables to match with the 2.5 . The downside is , his great findings often comes with a cost . Apparently it's not a thing for most of the dudes out there on the streets .

If one doesn't mind cheapos . You can consider the noble with the 2.5 .

https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/accessories/

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #6,858 of 7,021
I'm using a cheap noble cable with one of my brushed Nickel 2.5 . Got it dirt cheap from a guy whom doesn't need it . The cable comes with his 2k+ noble CIEM .
What I'm getting it from the cable is , more openness , clarity playing off spotify on my HTC mobile .

I'm not cable pro of any kind , jmills do those all the time and till this day , he had accumulated vast experience and has been experimenting tons of various cables to match with the 2.5 . The downside is , his great findings often comes with a cost . Apparently it's not a thing for most of the dudes out there on the streets .

If one doesn't mind cheapos . You can consider the noble with the 2.5 .

https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/accessories

I also use the noble cable with my pair. It's definitely a lot more clear and open compared to the stock. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #6,859 of 7,021
I also use the noble cable with my pair. It's definitely a lot more clear and open compared to the stock. 

Yes , i was quite surprised by what I had experiencing compared over the stock ones , it actually isn't sacrificed that bass boom while being open , clarity . I was very skeptical about cables before , But since I tested the 2.5 with a couple of cables and what cables can do for a 2.5 .
My view about cables has changed .

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #6,860 of 7,021

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #6,863 of 7,021
Feb 17, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #6,864 of 7,021
I did the impossible... And found another pair of asg 2.5s that Jmills8 couldn't gobble up before I bought them!! I've come full circle... Again. Since my asg 2.0 seems to have died, a bought another pair of brushed nickel 2.5s. Primarily because of the damn cable that jmills8 sold me. Irony all around, since I sold my last pair of brushed nickel asg 2.5s, to none other, yes you guessed it... Jmills8.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #6,866 of 7,021
I did the impossible... And found another pair of asg 2.5s that Jmills8 couldn't gobble up before I bought them!! I've come full circle... Again. Since my asg 2.0 seems to have died, a bought another pair of brushed nickel 2.5s. Primarily because of the damn cable that jmills8 sold me. Irony all around, since I sold my last pair of brushed nickel asg 2.5s, to none other, yes you guessed it... Jmills8.

I did ask for your opinion about any differences between the black , red , nickel before if I remember correctly . So this time round , Does your new nickel sound any difference with that previous nickel pair you had owned ? And now with the new bought nickel , any good compared to those of black acrylic ?

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #6,867 of 7,021
Is the ASG2 worth picking up as an ex 2.5 owner? Heard the bass is very mid-bass focused (not my preference), but the miss are something else. Any 2.5 owners care to comment?

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #6,868 of 7,021
Is the ASG2 worth picking up as an ex 2.5 owner? Heard the bass is very mid-bass focused (not my preference), but the miss are something else. Any 2.5 owners care to comment?
yes, but needs a good cable. It hits harder than the 2.5. But its great on some tracks and ok on other tracks. It has better connection. Goes inside the earpiece.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #6,869 of 7,021
I did play for a while with the 2.0 , and my experience was , it's easier to eq the 2.5 than the 2.0 to my liking . If I were to choose , I'll still choose 2.5 over the 2.0 any day on my music .

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #6,870 of 7,021
Warrior1975,
What in your opinion is the difference between ASG 2.5 and Sony Ex-1000? Are they both worth having? I have the 2.5 and love it with opus1. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Thank you

Yes, both are very good and different. The ex1000 has unparalleled clarity, and can be equed to hit very hard. Just have to watch for the treble spike.

I did ask for your opinion about any differences between the black , red , nickel before if I remember correctly . So this time round , Does your new nickel sound any difference with that previous nickel pair you had owned ? And now with the new bought nickel , any good compared to those of black acrylic ?

Yes, you did. I haven't received them yet, but when I do, I'll share. I wasn't crazy about the last pair of brushed nickel, hoping these sound better. I did love the red 2.5s I had, I should have never sold them, big mistake. I sold them before hearing the brushed nickel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back