[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #122 of 191
Ok, I just bought a HEDDphone. You guys need to try these with my WA5-LE. Mind, blown. I just need to work up the nerve to bring $1600 worth of tubes in the car.

Mar 18, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #123 of 191
Hey guys. I don't know about you, but I'm already Jones-ing for another get together at my house. I know we just had one in December I believe, but......so. :gs1000smile: Really can't have too many as long as it's not weekly.

Let me know what you guys think, like last time. If and when I get enough responses, I'll start rocking on all the details, dates, etc. Hope to hear from you guys.

Greg

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #126 of 191
Ok, I just bought a HEDDphone. You guys need to try these with my WA5-LE. Mind, blown. I just need to work up the nerve to bring $1600 worth of tubes in the car.
They tuned that headphone with my exact amp (SPL Phonitor XE). I would love to try that combo.

Let me know a time and place and I'm in.

Mar 22, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #128 of 191
Hello all!

Update: If everyone who responded is committed along with the other 4 members I reached out to personally (2 have already committed and the other 2, I'm hoping they will to) we are pretty well maxed out with 9 of us.

Once I get commitments from @drew911d @BzzzzzT, I'll start setting this up with a day, date and time. It will definitely be on a Saturday. Talk to everyone soon.

Cheers
Greg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #132 of 191
i might be interested in 7868 tubes if you got em
I don't have any 7868. Not the most common audio tube. I recommend getting some. New Sensor/Electroharmonix have stopped exporting this tube and all the other tubes they make. There are a few left going for insane prices. Most are gone due to panic buying. I recommend getting some NOS. I recommend ordering some from Ukraine. My family and Ukrainian friends have said some things like mail are still working in parts of the country. It's a gamble but otherwise you are making a donation. These military tubes and many others exceeded the quality of US made tubes from that era. I have ordered 1000s of tubes from Ukraine and have been happy if you know what you are doing. Slava Ukraini!

6p41s

Western Electric just said they plan to make common tubes. Right now they just make the 300b. This will be nice to see! I doubt they will make the 7868, as this is not the most popular tubes, but is more common than most.

Mar 25, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #133 of 191
I have some ECC82 tubes. Some G73-R, the Holy Grail of ECC82, so to speak. I didn't have them at the last meet, and they are truly levels above the others I have. What date are we thinking?

Mar 26, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #134 of 191
Who do we have to talk to to get a full meet again? Everything is openning up now, finally. Would be great to get something moderate together again. I mean, I do love these mini meets too. But, Am I alone missing the bigger meets?

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #135 of 191
Who do we have to talk to to get a full meet again? Everything is openning up now, finally. Would be great to get something moderate together again. I mean, I do love these mini meets too. But, Am I alone missing the bigger meets?
Well, it would have to be at the library or something, bare bones and nothing like before. No sponsors/monies anymore. I'm good with it, if that's what everyone wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back