[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #181 of 191
I can’t speak for him but you should bring the ones you really want to listen too. I have a bunch of 80’s heavy electric jazz/rock/fusion albums I’d love to hear 1 more time in my life on vinyl. It’s been 40 years since I listened to them too.

May 1, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #183 of 191
I had a really fun time at the meet. The food was great and I enjoyed talking with everyone. The gear was equally impressive across the board and I was VERY taken with with the Eddie Current and Ultrasonic Citadel amps. Looking forward to the next event and some new gear!

May 1, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #184 of 191
Again, personally, this is as good as it gets. Small.....what was there, 8?,9? total all together?, It was quaint, VERY friendly (seems like we hang out every week), incredibly cool set-ups and impressive set-ups, Delicious and great slow roasted pork butt for the best BBQ pulled pork sandwiched EVER, with the fixins, lots of beer and plenty of chit chat. This is a very, very cool core group of good people and we must continue while staying in touch gentleman. Really good time guys!

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #185 of 191
IMPORTANT
This group already discussed locating another venue where it's larger than my house. I could only accommodate 5 full blown large systems (plus mine in my mancave) and 1 smaller sprinkled in there. I'm putting out feelers to see if the rest of the members from Head-Fi AZ would be interested in a bigger meet in a larger public space. It will take time to find somewhere other than my home, so we need feedback from all our members from AZ. It definitely won't be a Hilton type space, which is a very nice space. I won't look for a YMCA on 7th and Roosevelt because it's available. I'll keep it smart, centrally located, large enough to accommodate a larger number of attendees and FREE RENT!

Here's the biggie and we've never done it before. To ensure all members and guests have at least small snacks and beverages throughout the day, we need a small cover charge. I need thoughts on this please. Let's hear from you guys and see where we'll go or stay as is.

Cheers
Greg

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #186 of 191
I had a great time at the meet! It was really fun talking to everyone. All the setups were truly epic! It was a real treat to listen to them all and try lots of great gear. I could go into detail but I'm too lazy. It was a really great meet!

Koover as always was a great host and all around awesome guy! Thanks again for setting this whole meet up!

I also realized after listening to so many setups that my DAC sounded a little harsh. I switched from i2s back to usb and everything sounds so much better and totally smooth with better dynamics/imaging. It's always good to hear others setups!

Thanks again to everyone for bringing such great stuff! :)

May 2, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #187 of 191
Good times! Thanks to everyone that brought food/snacks/drinks and to everyone that brought gear to try out. We had a great variety of equipment and I really enjoyed trying out the driver tubes that @BzzzzzT and @balderon brought with them in my amp. I got to listen to a couple of my dad's old records from the 60s and 70s on @CrocCap turntable. That was cool. @koover is a wonderful host. Always rolls out the red carpet and makes us feel welcome. I don't think I could have asked for more. Hanging out with everyone and listening to different audio gear is a perfect day for me. Thanks again!

May 4, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #188 of 191
It was awesome! I got to hang out with some very cool people. Greg, Jason, Matt, Jerrick, Jeff, Adam, Steve (Greg's Brother) and my brother Jon with his '32 hotrod. I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone, I do that, forget stuff, sorry. I need a list of names vs head-fi nicknames, I so forgetful..!

Some Very cool gear! Jeff's Eddie Current Balanced Act is, as always, a very special piece. Love that super liquid smooth musical sound. I've had the pleasure in my first visits to the AZ meet many years ago to sample that magic, and it still impresses.

That turntable brought back some memories. Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here heard from an Lp hibernating in a closet for 30+ years was very sweet! Many old records saw the light of day for the first time in 30 years at Greg's abode. Quite an isolated event, indeed.

Matt had an amazing presentation of the WA5, with many others here bringing in many tubes to try on it. This is an amp I always love for it's sheer power and dynamics.

Jason brought in something quite rare. A tube amp with super impressive sound. The Full Monty of tube excellence.. An individual builder in Europe that has amps to compete with the best at a great price. I'm looking into them. I hope to learn more about Ultrasonic Studios. Best new hifi lead here at this mini meet.

For the future endeavors, I might be open to bringing in enough smoked bbq for a medium sized event. Done it for 50-ish before.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #190 of 191
OMG it's Coolzo! Yesssssss!! We've missed you! :cry:

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #191 of 191
IMPORTANT
This group already discussed locating another venue where it's larger than my house. I could only accommodate 5 full blown large systems (plus mine in my mancave) and 1 smaller sprinkled in there. I'm putting out feelers to see if the rest of the members from Head-Fi AZ would be interested in a bigger meet in a larger public space. It will take time to find somewhere other than my home, so we need feedback from all our members from AZ. It definitely won't be a Hilton type space, which is a very nice space. I won't look for a YMCA on 7th and Roosevelt because it's available. I'll keep it smart, centrally located, large enough to accommodate a larger number of attendees and FREE RENT!

Here's the biggie and we've never done it before. To ensure all members and guests have at least small snacks and beverages throughout the day, we need a small cover charge. I need thoughts on this please. Let's hear from you guys and see where we'll go or stay as is.

Cheers
Greg
How bout that. I already rented out one of the banquet rooms at the Hilton and Joe has any and everything going on with Schiit. I’m glad we can do this again. Check out the other thread and list what you want to bring.
What’s best is we should stop using this thread and respond via the official thread Joe set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back