[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #106 of 191
Would love to attend as well... been way too long between shows and this rough pandemic.. I think I am close by (Sun City West), can definitely help out with whatever food stuff the group needs.. let me know.. will just be bringing my small little DAP and a couple of headphones and new Shanling wireless earphones.. needing some advice on how to fit them best.. I know this group are the ones to make it happen for me..

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #107 of 191
I will try to make it that day as well. As a company owner, it is possible to be called into an emergency last minute, but otherwise, I should be there.

To make it easy, I will come to listen and only bring portable gear from my US tours depending on what I have in hand. For those that do not know, I host US Headfi/AudioTiers gear tours that focuses mainly on flagship CIEMs with some amps/DACs/wires/etc. and other gear as it comes up. Feel free to check out my tours by following the link in my signature. Right now, my membership of 100 members lacks anyone in AZ so it would be nice to add some locals.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #108 of 191
Hey guys,

*Looks like we have 7 of us confirmed (including me that makes 8) with set-ups. That's a good number and believe that's the limit for space.
*Again, if you want to drop by to hang with the group with no equipment, that's cool but you'll need to PM me for my address. It's not reasonable to have people just drop by without letting me know seeing this gathering is in a private home and I won't be publicizing my address in this thread.
*I'll post again before the gathering with more details and info on this and that along with verifying if anyone is bringing food/beverage if you choose to do so.
*Drew, looking forward to that pork butt. Very, very cool man!
*I'll also PM each of you with my address along with directions.

Looking forward to it!!
Greg

Me
M3NTAL
Drew911d
Stuck limo (+guest)
Astral Abyss
funch
Barra
donaldl68

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #112 of 191
Glad everyone decided to break during rush hour traffic! 🙃

Lol it was great I had a blast meeting everyone and listening to everyone's gear. The food was fantastic and I can't wait to hear everyone's setups again.

Dec 5, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #113 of 191
It was a great day. Awesome food, great company and we actually did find time to listen to some gear in between one conversation after another. :relaxed: It was great seeing all you guys again along with Jarik (spelling?) and Don whom I've never had the pleasure of making their acquaintance before. I'm glad you guys could make it. I would like to do this again until we can get the Arizona Mini-Com the 5th back on track.
Also, Chris, you are the man with that pork butt. The best I've ever had. And thanks to all for bringing your gear along with plenty of stuff to eat and drink for all.

Dec 6, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #116 of 191
Thanks koover for hosting. It was great seeing/sharing with folks again. So ...... we meet again next month? :beerchug:
You're most welcome and my pleasure. Sure, I'd be good to host another meet like this at my house after the 1st of the year. Let's see if anyone is up for it again. I know I can do a better job coordinating the food/beverage situation if we do this again. Chris put a LOT of time into his Pork Butt with a LOT left over. Hate seeing that with $$ and time/effort. Same with everyone else that had a lot left over from what they brought when we called it a day.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #118 of 191
You're most welcome and my pleasure. Sure, I'd be good to host another meet like this at my house after the 1st of the year. Let's see if anyone is up for it again. I know I can do a better job coordinating the food/beverage situation if we do this again. Chris put a LOT of time into his Pork Butt with a LOT left over. Hate seeing that with $$ and time/effort. Same with everyone else that had a lot left over from what they brought when we called it a day.
I figured the liquid refreshments would be in good hands. :beerchug:

Sorry I had to jet out so quick. I got caught up in the good company and good stories.

In the true spirit of Head-Fi, all the systems were our own personal systems with some D.I.Y. gear and super esoteric gear sprinkled in. In a way, each of us has an unique arsenal of equipment that gets us to similar places through different pathways.

Thanks for hosting and sorry for your future hangovers.

Dec 8, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #119 of 191
I enjoyed the mini-meet thoroughly and had a wonderful time. Greg is a welcoming and gracious host, with a beautiful house to boot. Excellent setups and thank you to everyone for bringing all that you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back