[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #31 of 191
Hey guys. Been a while, conditions and all. Hope everyone is doing well. Now that a growing cencus is getting vaccinated, myself included, is there any interest in reexamining the possibility of a small mini meet in the (somewhat) near future?

Yes, absolutely. Bring it on. Just moved to the area and have been over to another dude's house for a listen, and we have another guy lined up as well. I'm vaccinated but don't care if people are/aren't when I'm visiting them.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #32 of 191
I'm certainly interested. I've super upgraded my audio since the last one. I have the Audeze LCD-4z, HeadAmp GS-X mini, and Chord Qutest, which I would bring. It's an epic setup. I'm particularly interested in hearing IEMs and portable/laptop amp/dacs this time.

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #33 of 191
What do people think of doing another meetup soon? I know the delta variant causes complications. I'm vaccinated and I'd wear a mask. What do other's think? I'd really love to meet up, but I know it's challenging at this time. We could have plenty of sanitary wipes and, if wanted, could require vaccination cards. For me, this is the only reasonably affordable option (I'm from Utah).

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #34 of 191
Cam we please have something? Even if it's restricted?

Aug 3, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #35 of 191
I'd love to hang with you guys again.

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #36 of 191
Me too, would love to. This covid sitch... I'm just a hair from offering my home. I know I said I might before, but this new delta... Though, my home is spread out, large balcony, two patios in rear, a sizeable front patio, not to mention the spread of rooms inside, being split two story there is plenty of room to social distance and be kinda together. My fam is vaccinated too.

I was hoping to hear from the usual event producers... anything?

My home, though, is in need of severe cleaning and organising, all I'll say about that...

But, damn, the additions I did to my system... Y'all gotta hear this.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #38 of 191
Koover and I are over in the West Valley. I'm just being patient until I can see you all again.

There was a pretty cool little headphone thing that @vinyl head put on at Acoustic Designs. I'd probably wait until after CanJam and see what's new and possibly available to bring.

If I bring my Vi DAC - can you get it in the hands of a trustworthy repair man? LOL - It's been sitting for a while with lots of noise on the head+line out.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #39 of 191
If I bring my Vi DAC - can you get it in the hands of a trustworthy repair man? LOL - It's been sitting for a while with lots of noise on the head+line out.

I don't work for them any more but I think even if I did, that dream is dead. I don't think they're repairing anything anymore from LH Labs side of the business.

Aug 7, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #40 of 191
Hey guys. Wow, the responses have been pretty heavy. I haven't been on the site in well over a 1/2 a year. My last post here was in this thread. Kinda got pissed off for my own personal reasons so please forgive me if I offended anyone or have a different view of my "strong" opinion.

With that outta the way, yeah, I'm down for another full meet at the Hilton if everyone still wants to move forward. Of course I'll be an integral piece in setting it up for us but I haven't talked to Joe or Chris in quite some time so I'll reach out to them. I'm betting they haven't been in this thread like i haven't been and have no idea that the interest is there again. As a side note, I'm now retired so I have plenty of time to get this going but we do need Joe as he has the connection to Schiit while I have the connection with the Hilton so there's many moving pieces. Plus we need to see what type of availability they have. We'll be wrapping up summer and the wedding season starts for this hotel once the temps start to cool down and they book up fast.

Also, a mini meet in the meantime would be awesome and I most certainly would open my home if it's not larger then say10 of us at one time. That's about all the room I could accommodate.

Cool to see there's interest. I'd love to get together and hang out with everyone again....soon. This meet doesn't have to be huge. It's all about getting together and connecting again after this jacked up and horrid period of time since last March.

Greg

Aug 8, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #41 of 191
Hey @koover great to hear from you. Just what I was hoping for. A mini meet is exactly what I think we should do. Just the few of us at this point. And Congrats on your well deserved retirement!

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #44 of 191
I can't promise anything but if we need a place in Sept or October I MAY be able to host at the house in Mesa. My only fear is a possible lack of electrical outlets but I'd have to see what could overcome that. But we have a huge back patio and 2 living rooms and a big kitchen we could use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back