[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #47 of 191
Hey guys,
Talked to Joe and found out Schiit still isn't sending out any of their kits. It's gotta be about Covid. Who knows how long that'll be but they're our sponsor. Obviously there'll be no big meet at the Hilton for a while I'd assume. Looks like a mini (mid) meet will have to do. I'm down for it. I'm sure the number of attendees will be dependent on space and who's gonna open up their domain for all us musitics.
As stated before, I'm good with holding it here but the issue is size, about 8-10 if inside only. If we don't do it for a while, get past monsoon and the heat, our outside patio is pretty big so that opens it up on the amount of space I have dramatically. It's just comes down to this for my place......does anyone want to be outside if it gets larger then 10 plus being located in Surprise?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #49 of 191
Schiit is probably facing a nasty semiconductor shortage due to the current situation. I would be down for a mini-meet. I will defer to everyone else as to what time works best. If we need a place, I could maybe use my house in North PHX for a small group.

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #50 of 191
Is there any talk of doing an official AZ headfi event?

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #51 of 191
Is there any talk of doing an official AZ headfi event?

I would imagine there's a library open or an American Legion Hall open somewhere that could host. Maybe some type of nice big rental house in Phoenix that everyone could chip in for that the owner would rent out for a day.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #53 of 191
Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to the audio world and I just found out about this event. Sucks that covid has managed to postpone it for so long. Hopefully talks about it start up again soon, it would be really cool to hang out with people that are into audio gear and to try stuff out. I would be up to do something small if you're all cool with having me there. I think the rental idea is good too if no one is comfortable with opening up their home, I would be okay with pitching in.

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #54 of 191
Hello all,

Let’s get as close to a “definite” as we can for who’s in for a mini meet. If we can get a solid headcount, we can get this going, even if it’s at my house. I can only get 6-7 comfortably inside. We can take it out to my patio if need be as it’s quite large. The weather is perfect for hanging outside and will only get better.

Just respond with a “ YES” if you’re a definite or at least close to it.

lol. You can add anything you want but just respond somewhere with a yes. :)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #55 of 191
YES. I may or may not have a friend who's interested. He mentioned hosting it at the house but I don't really think he's going to be that interested. But maybe.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #58 of 191
Hopefully yes. :)

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #59 of 191
Yes. Not sure what I'd bring but I have a lot of new stuff.

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #60 of 191
Plus, I need to hear the latest prog metal I've been missing out on. Greg is my best source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back