[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #61 of 191
Plus, I need to hear the latest prog metal I've been missing out on. Greg is my best source.
Oh! H E double hockey sticks YES. Well, as long as I'm not travelling for work. That will be just after Thanksgiving.

Koover, Greg, you're place is perfect for an intimate those of us get together. Not to be open to everyone, but I'd love to share my recent upgrades.

I'd love for you all to have a go at my Riviera AIC-10. Supreme Amp! And, if any of you have any 12AU7/ECC82 type tubes, I'd love to try and possibly buy. This Amp can go from super detail clinical to very warm wonderful and everything between with One simple tube change. Gotta try it. I'm more addicted than ever before.

Several of you have heard my system already, but some upgrades not yet. I forget just how many upgrades I've implemented since. I know some cable upgrades, even some diy I made myself.

If I wasn't clear. Definite Yes! I'll even bring my homemade salsa again.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #62 of 191
Ok guys, it looks like about 6 of us have committed (maybe 7) so I believe we're good to go. We have room for a few more if we do this at my place. Obviously, I will open up my home for us to chill. There's a catch though. I retired in June but still wanted to work to stay sane, so I literally just landed a job. I start this Thursday, part time. The reason I'm telling everyone this, I have no clue what my schedule will be or if it's a permanent schedule.

Saturday always seems to be a great day for any type of get together so once I find out what I'll be working, I'll circle back and let everyone know. Please understand that if you guys don't want to wait on me and do it somewhere else, go for it. I'd really hate to miss it but if we're stuck for a pace, we'll just have to be a little patient until I find out what my work schedule will be.

Would love some of that salsa Drew!! The last time we did this at my house, we BBQed. I can do it again. If that sounds cool to everyone, we'll just talk about it later and iron everything out before the MM. Food, drink, music, conversations and awesome company is what it's all about so I'm pumped up for this to happen.

Lastly, dependent on where you're coming from, I could live a pretty fair distance away for some of you. I live in the far northwest valley, deep in Surprise. Basically the 303 and Bell area.

Greg

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #66 of 191
I'm hoping this can happen in the next couple weeks. After that I'm travelling until the new year.

Please, No vendors! This is meant to be just some head-fi brothers getting together for some great stories, music and food. Hanging out with like minded enthusiasts. The big meets are something else... those have to wait until Covid has shrivelled to a bad memory.

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #67 of 191
I'd still like to come visit you guys. I might need a hotel suggestion though. Don't know if I'll have a drive back to Tucson in me afterwards.

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #68 of 191
Hey Drew, did you ever sell that motorcycle?

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #70 of 191
Drew, when do you start traveling?

It turns out that part time job I took is way too much for this body of mine at my age.

Guys, now that I’m not working, let’s come up with a date. As soon as we can come up with a consensus, we can do this anytime at my house. Let’s get some solid dialogue going.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #71 of 191
Side note: The first 6-7 of you guys that commit is as many people as I can comfortably accommodate.
Side note 2: It never crossed my mind to invite venders. This is a get together and agree with Drew 100%. Good call out.

Oct 29, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #72 of 191
Side note: The first 6-7 of you guys that commit is as many people as I can comfortably accommodate.
Side note 2: It never crossed my mind to invite venders. This is a get together and agree with Drew 100%. Good call out.
I'm literally free whenever everyone else is. Dates don't matter to me. Just name one.

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #73 of 191
I'm pretty confident most everyone is going to respond with a "I'm open whenever and we just need a date" With my assumptions in place, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we haven't set a date yet and we should do this quickly if it can be worked out. I'd like to accommodate long time member drew911d and Astra Abyss since he's travelling from Tucson.
How about 2 weeks from tomorrow?

Saturday, November 13th at 11AM until we decide to break it up for the day

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #74 of 191
I'm pretty confident most everyone is going to respond with a "I'm open whenever and we just need a date" With my assumptions in place, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we haven't set a date yet and we should do this quickly if it can be worked out. I'd like to accommodate long time member drew911d and Astra Abyss since he's travelling from Tucson.

I'm penciled in for that day. I have a buddy coming too with the Holo DAC and a Hafler HA75 tube amp too. If anyone wants a DACMagic 100 he is selling that too for probably pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #75 of 191

That sounds perfect! I will make sure I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back