Recommendation for Basshead IEM's (XB's or MEElec's or any other ?)
Sep 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #31 of 43
I am going to get new set of IEM's tomorrow or day after im just finalizing which ones should i purchase,

M6 has come on top, after suggestions, read a really really long thread on M6's as well http://www.head-fi.org/t/453242/meelectronics-m6-review/435

Radius HP-TWF11R sounded promising but after reading so much about M6, i dunno how they stack against em.

Not really sure if i should go for SP51 , variable ports kinda look nice .

And also there are Sony's Massive XB41Ex

Please help me finalize , i wana get new IEM's asap

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #32 of 43

Quote:
I actually did take a look at em , here is what a review at our site said

http://www.head-fi.org/t/547296/meelectronics-m31-review-bombastic-budgeteers
The CC51 murders the M31 in bass detail, even the lower M21 is more detailed and controlled, but the M31 bass is just fun. I expect a Head-Fi mod burning my lawn, but I don’t care—the bass is fun, and I like it. Despite my gushing about the bass, it is mostly midbass. They struggle at 35hz and lower. Then again, this is a $45 IEM, with a 9mm driver at that, so I’ll let that slide.

Seems they have bass and lots of it but they dont really do seismic bass , or am i wrong ?

It was a sort of turn off for me . so i kept em out of the loop.

cc51 is a 80$ iem which belongs to meelec clarity series ofcourse it will have better detailing but if you want serious bass at 45$ without sacrificing much quality go for m31.You can actually feel the bass.And yes you are wrong it has got tons of seismic bass.It struggles at 30hz,it is an area where many expensive subwoofer fails to do it effortlessly ,it handles 30hz region good but fails to do it effortlessly.you want bass just for fun only m31 clarifies that criteria i dont consider m21 in that league it has more controlled bass.

one month ago  i was in the same mind as you are i shortlisted meelec m31,sony xb40ex,tdk eb900,meelec m21,meelec sp51, meelec r1.i choose m31 and happy with it.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #33 of 43

Quote:
cc51 is a 80$ iem which belongs to meelec clarity series ofcourse it will have better detailing but if you want serious bass at 45$ without sacrificing much quality go for m31.You can actually feel the bass.And yes you are wrong it has got tons of seismic bass.It struggles at 30hz,it is an area where many expensive subwoofer fails to do it effortlessly ,it handles 30hz region good but fails to do it effortlessly.you want bass just for fun only m31 clarifies that criteria i dont consider m21 in that league it has more controlled bass.

one month ago  i was in the same mind as you are i shortlisted meelec m31,sony xb40ex,tdk eb900,meelec m21,meelec sp51, meelec r1.i choose m31 and happy with it.

Im a fan of electronic music .  I really do have a large collection of Game Soundtracks which pack a lot of low end juice :)
will M31's outperform M6's in terms of Oomph feeling when it comes to this genre ? 

And as for  30 Hz struggle , do M6 also fail to do it effortlessly at 30Hz ???

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #34 of 43
Alright , read another review again on m11 and yea it does mention m11 having seismic bass
dt880smile.png

Major difference with m11 is the sound isolation , they arent well suited for when ur in noisy environment , commuting or something.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #35 of 43
I have used the M11+, and they are really bassy. Way to much for me, but I am more of a neutral kinda guy. Regardless, if you want a ton of bass, the M11+ is a good option, for a really good price.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #36 of 43

Quote:
I have used the M11+, and they are really bassy. Way to much for me, but I am more of a neutral kinda guy. Regardless, if you want a ton of bass, the M11+ is a good option, for a really good price.

Thanks for all your input folks , its really helping .

Ok now so im down to M11+ and SP51

Sp51 Review is here http://musicalmusings.themindofgame.com/2011/04/meelectronics-sp51-review/

Kinda liked what it says about sp51 but this short para had me thinking
Quote:
"No matter what port you choose, however, the SP51 delivers a softer level of bass impact than most and its sibling, the M31, hits harder. The SP51’s bass is unmistakably present and in full force with the extreme bass port but it’s more subdued and laid back than the bass of the M31 or other hard hitting dynamics."

Now any anyone explain in a bit more simpler manner what this line means  but its more Subdued, laid back than the bass of the M31 or other hard hitting dynamics ?

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #37 of 43

Quote:
Im a fan of electronic music .  I really do have a large collection of Game Soundtracks which pack a lot of low end juice :)
will M31's outperform M6's in terms of Oomph feeling when it comes to this genre ? 

And as for  30 Hz struggle , do M6 also fail to do it effortlessly at 30Hz ???

a user asked difference between m11+ and m31 on facebook page of meelec and this was the answer given by meelectronics:-
The M31 uses a larger driver and chamber. It is tuned for the bass lover and delivers a warmer sound and deeper, more rumbly bass. The M11+ is a bit more balanced and slightly clearer. We think the M11+ is best suited for electronic music and the M31 - for rap/hip-hop and anything else beat/bass-driven.

m31 beats every other meelec iem in OOOOOOMMPPHH feeling.i told you i feel like bass is pounding on my head instead of listening i can feel it.sometimes i feel like i am carrying a big expensive subwoofer like rocksford fosgate or pioneer in my head.when i first heard my m31 i was shocked that how can an earphone produce such sound.
m31 is top line for bass it definetely do better than m6 in 30hz region.
if you are only after mind boggling bass look no more than m31.

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #38 of 43
Hmmm. nice , i think m31 wins then .

Lastly should i consider SP51 ?

Quote:
"No matter what port you choose, however, the SP51 delivers a softer level of bass impact than most and its sibling, the M31, hits harder. The SP51’s bass is unmistakably present and in full force with the extreme bass port but it’s more subdued and laid back than the bass of the M31 or other hard hitting dynamics."

Can anyone explain in a bit more simpler manner what this line means  but its more Subdued, laid back than the bass of the M31 or other hard hitting dynamics ?

Ill get M31  or  i can go for SP51 which has variable bass ports ,  Please help me decide between these 2 which one should i go for ?

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #39 of 43

Quote:
Hmmm. nice , i think m31 wins then .

Lastly should i consider SP51 ?

Can anyone explain in a bit more simpler manner what this line means  but its more Subdued, laid back than the bass of the M31 or other hard hitting dynamics ?

Ill get M31  or  i can go for SP51 which has variable bass ports ,  Please help me decide between these 2 which one should i go for ?

Ah, I see you've been reading my review. :)

When I say that the SP51 is softer, it's more about the immediate thump you hear and feel when bass kicks in, so to speak. The SP51 is slightly softer in that regard but it actually doles out more bass than the M31 because its bass is deeper, more textured and rumbly. I hope that makes this easier to understand.

Purely in terms of SQ, the SP51 is the better choice.

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #40 of 43

Quote:
Ah, I see you've been reading my review. :)

When I say that the SP51 is softer, it's more about the immediate thump you hear and feel when bass kicks in, so to speak. The SP51 is slightly softer in that regard but it actually doles out more bass than the M31 because its bass is deeper, more textured and rumbly. I hope that makes this easier to understand.

Purely in terms of SQ, the SP51 is the better choice.

haha :)  Nice reveiew TheGame21x !

Alright :D , i think i found my Basshead IEMS 's

Sp51
L3000.gif
it is then,  and since it has variable bass ports i can also tweak the bass, maybe lower it if its too bassy at extreme ports :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and inputs, i really appreciate it. :)

Cant wait to get to the store :) lets hope they have em in stock.

Eum im Still Curious :)
o2smile.gif

Lets say if that local store has Hippo vb's  in stock
evil_smiley.gif
, Should i go for them or stick to my choice SP51 ?
(There is a very limited chance that they might have Hippo's right now, they might have it after 2 or 3 weeks or maybe a month though or they might not actually have em at all.)

And does Hippo Vbs have any edge over Sp51 ? Ive read Hippos have very recessed Mids and also there is sibliance problem too. I mean overall if you compare both these, Overall which one wins taking in account the sibilance problem in Hippo Vbs ?

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #43 of 43
Thanks everyone for sharing their valuable opinion , it really helped.

Finally i got M31's :)

Gonna listen to em for some hours , Lets see how they sound after BurnIn as well , then ill post my experiences :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back