RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Aug 6, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #2,746 of 3,674
Thoughts on the releases from HKAV? Personally excited for the new Elysium, heard some reports of loose bass so I’d be interested to try it - will be pre-ordering ASAP and with the quad estats, the staging might be improved significantly

The Pheonix - looks cool but I have too many all BAs by this point, was hoping on some estats :frowning2:

AK 2000T… could be cool? Not a huge fan of AK in general though

LX EVO - EE’s tuning is pretty much at the polar opposite of what I’ve been enjoying lately, but a cool concept nonetheless. Maybe?

Where are the 64 releases D:
I personally won't keep both FuSang and Phonix, I'm still have hard time to decide on that. Both are good in its own way.
More on EXT, it's similar to FirEat Titan/Air2 but without diffused sound. I don't know if you have heard about that. But they may need amp to shine the SQ.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #2,747 of 3,674
I personally won't keep both FuSang and Phonix, I'm still have hard time to decide on that. Both are good in its own way.
More on EXT, it's similar to FirEat Titan/Air2 but without diffused sound. I don't know if you have heard about that. But they may need amp to shine the SQ.
+1 ESTs need a bit of amping at least the ones I have tried !!!

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #2,748 of 3,674
More on EXT, it's similar to FirEar Titan/Air2 but without diffused sound. I don't know if you have heard about that. But they may need amp to shine the SQ.
You just had to say that… now, I really wanna hear it… I’m like a FitEar superfanboi 😭

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #2,750 of 3,674
Which source did you try the EXT with?

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #2,755 of 3,674
Thoughts on the releases from HKAV? Personally excited for the new Elysium, heard some reports of loose bass so I’d be interested to try it - will be pre-ordering ASAP and with the quad estats, the staging might be improved significantly

The Pheonix - looks cool but I have too many all BAs by this point, was hoping on some estats :frowning2:

AK 2000T… could be cool? Not a huge fan of AK in general though

LX EVO - EE’s tuning is pretty much at the polar opposite of what I’ve been enjoying lately, but a cool concept nonetheless. Maybe?

Where are the 64 releases D:
I heard the Elysium very briefly at CanJam a couple of years back.
My immediate impression was "sounds great, but ugh; where's the bass?!" :sweat_smile:

In fairness, I'd spent most of the weekend at EE's stall, auditioning for a TOTL bass cannon IEM.

But after everything you've said about the Ely's midrange, the thought of one with a jacked-up DD low end (and extended highs) is seriously appealing :D

And as for the EE Evo, I'll post my thoughts on that over on the EE thread. Although I have to say, if I'd bought into the "no, we don't have any plans to release a successor to LX" company line just, what, 6 months ago(? I have a poor sense of how much time has gone by generally) and the recent release of the LX SE, I might be slightly annoyed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fortunately, I knew there was *no chance* EE were NOT going to do an LX follow-up with those new W9+ drivers :D

Aug 6, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #2,756 of 3,674
I think warm-neutral. I don't hear any forwardness. It's only brief listening today but i can try it again tomorrow.
Warm-neutral is bae, sounds lovely! I’m looking forward to getting one, especially if they managed to preserve the Elysium’s midrange

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,757 of 3,674
I think warm-neutral. I don't hear any forwardness. It's only brief listening today but i can try it again tomorrow.

Did they have any burn in time? With two DDs, I assume sound will settle in after a few days of burn in.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #2,758 of 3,674
If you had heard 335DW, you already hear it in BA version :stuck_out_tongue:
I actually haven’t heard the 335DW yet, apparently it’s still quite different to my 335DW-SR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back