flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #6,992 of 39,414
My Flamenco review is up.

https://head-fi.org/showcase/jomo-audio-flamenco.22342/reviews#review-19613

IMG_20171222_103755.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #6,993 of 39,414

Awesome write-up, man! Whatever anyone might think of this thread as a whole, I think we can all unanimously say that it’s been an incredible petri-dish for budding reviewers to flourish; from you, to @Wyville, and even to the opportunities I’ve personally been given. I can only thank @flinkenick for his mentorship, and I pray for more stellar reviews to come very soon. :D

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #6,994 of 39,414
Awesome write-up, man! Whatever anyone might think of this thread as a whole, I think we can all unanimously say that it’s been an incredible petri-dish for budding reviewers to flourish; from you, to @Wyville, and even to the opportunities I’ve personally been given. I can only thank @flinkenick for his mentorship, and I pray for more stellar reviews to come very soon. :D
Completely agree! I am very impressed by the various reviews and impressions posted throughout this thread and feel the shootout has been a catalyst for those. I really enjoy reading them all!

As for me, there is certainly plenty to come soon. I think the start of the new year will be a very busy time for me. First a holiday, although I should be receiving a parcel while I am in the Netherlands as well. Something to bring extra joy to the holiday. :D

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #6,996 of 39,414
To all the peeps who lurk this wonderful and vastly informative thread; Thanks for the entertainment, puppy GIFs ( from @Wyville mostly :) ), boatload of wonderful reviews and updates ; Christmas and the New Year will most probably hit me first seeing the nature of my geographical position, so let me take this opportunity to wish all of you & your loved ones a Happy Christmas and a Wonderful Spanking New Year !

Here's to all of you and to Nic (whom i almost forgot) who made this thread possible!!!

Cheers People!!!

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #6,997 of 39,414
Merry Christmas everybody!

merry-christmas-inside-merry-christmas-funny-meme.jpg

Funny-Grumpy-Cat-Merry-Christmas-picture-saying.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #7,001 of 39,414
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones (and your gear....)

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #7,002 of 39,414
we wish u a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
Good tidings good cheer for u and your gear, good tidings for Christmas and a happy new yeae

Dec 25, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #7,003 of 39,414
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones (and your gear....)
we wish u a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
Good tidings good cheer for u and your gear, good tidings for Christmas and a happy new yeae

200.gif

(and talking 'bout gear, atm I've got some very interesting stuff on a loan here)

Merry Christmas to ya'all :santa:

Dec 25, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #7,004 of 39,414
(and talking 'bout gear, atm I've got some very interesting stuff on a loan here)
Same here, I have the Rhapsodio Saturn on loan (thanks Nic!) and although I managed to sneak in only 10 mins of listening so far (mothers can be quite demanding on your time after 8 months abroad), but I like them a lot already. Can't wait to get some proper listening in! :D

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #7,005 of 39,414
I’ve got the (Redwine modded) AK380cu and Vision Ears VE8 (together with the Dita Dream) on a loan these days.
Needless to say that it was a superb sounding (as far as my family allowed me to listen) Christmas this year...
20171227_130102.jpg
So, how does it sound? Well, in one word: holymolyfreakinawesomeflabbergastingamazing(orsomethinglikethat) :ksc75smile:
I can totally understand why some over here like it that much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back