Radsone EarStudio ES100
Nov 25, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #5,717 of 6,675
Does that mean I have to replace the 3.5 cable of my IEM? my IEM are actually damaged as of this moment, if I cannot repair it, Im considering buying a 2nd IT04, which has 2.5 Cable if Im not mistaken.

IEMs are like Audio Barbies: switch out accessories until you find just the right combination.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #5,718 of 6,675
Does that mean I have to replace the 3.5 cable of my IEM? my IEM are actually damaged as of this moment, if I cannot repair it, Im considering buying a 2nd IT04, which has 2.5 Cable if Im not mistaken.
I dont know if the it04 comes whit a 2.5mm but the es100 will perform better whit every iem on balanced

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #5,719 of 6,675
I really want to try one of these. I have a hearing impairment, about 35% overall loss with greater loss at specific frequencies. Most of them fall in the midrange and human speech frequencies. I’m hoping that this device can help to bump this specific frequencies up so I don’t have to have the volume at such a high level to hear it. I emailed radsone asking if they had a demo unit I could try but got no response. They probably thought I was just a weirdo trying to get free stuff, lol. Money is hard to come by so I don’t want to have to spend a bunch of it won’t make any difference in what I hear. For reference I am using a iPhone XR Bluetooth to a mpow soundbot feeding a topping nx3s playing through akg k240s.
I guess I’m asking, would this be a worthwhile investment? Or will I not notice much of a difference from what I currently use.
Thanks!
If the MPOW Soundbot is the same or similar to the MPOW Streambot I have, you will see a lot of difference. Streambot simply isn't great quality. If you're going with a headphone amp between the ES100 and your headphones, DO NOT use a balanced connector since the amp would likely short the two negative sides together which damages the ES100 over time. I do recommend balanced for directly connected headphones and IEMs, though the difference is much more subtle. The difference when moving from Streambot to ES100 will be much larger.

I do suspect a parametric equalizer would be helpful for your use case though, and it doesn't look like the ES100 will get one. If you want this, hold off and get the Qudelix 5K, which is the ES100's spiritual successor, created by the same head engineer after he left Radsone. Or, I don't know what the software EQ scene looks like on iOS but if you can get a parametric EQ either systemwide or built into a media player, you would get fair quality out of a basic Apple Lightning to 3.5mm dongle. It wouldn't be quite as nice quality as the ES100, but it would be a fair bit better than Streambot and extremely good for the $9.99 Apple was charging for the dongle last I saw.

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #5,720 of 6,675
I had the ES100, and was blown away by such a small device. The sound was amazing and the power was pretty impressive, considering I was using HD650s. Then something went wrong. It started producing very loud static sound at max volume, which was almost deafening with IEMs. Terrible, considering how much I loved the amp. Sent it back for a refund.

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #5,721 of 6,675
This is not limited to ES100 - never know any BT adapter (*including BT amp) that allows the mic on the original headphone to work - it is technically possible but not easy to implement, thus no one actually implemented it. Put an extra mic on the adapter itself is far easier / cheaper to do.

----

10236536.jpg

Mod'ed this cable from KZ's new balanced 2.5mm SPC cable - shorten it to about 50cm and reterminated it with Etymotic mmcx connector.

KZ's cable is quite good in quality and I'll recommend it if you are thinking about modding a cable for your ES100

I think Fiio BTR5 allows the 3.5mm mic can anyone confirm?

This would be a plus over the ES100 in my book

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #5,722 of 6,675
I think Fiio BTR5 allows the 3.5mm mic can anyone confirm?

This would be a plus over the ES100 in my book

Yep, I can confirm mic on the headset's cable will work on BTR5. In fact, volume control on the headset cable will work too.

Nov 28, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #5,724 of 6,675
0GKjhDlO1Z_VStvrTGtOD2GGKv9eQXrb591iS6xGpJVcz6kf8OtVmuvFDY4GY50aHJs_Pzw7X3ZAM-DTkudTrwDMtBx4Y5LaUTDzJUvo2gLCWkyL1ShtqFDd_RV2jzdbwM7IhsBY

Don't miss out the 6 hours Black Friday deal at Amazon.com

▶️ Fri, Nov 29, 2019
▶️ 2:45 PM - 8:45 PM PST
▶️ ES100MK2 25% OFF: https://amzn.to/2Y7vVku
▶️ HE100 40% OFF: https://amzn.to/2QZVvHS

*This promotion is only available at Amazon USA. For customers in EU, 20% discount coupon for ES100MK1 is currently available at Amazon UK and DE until Nov. 30

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #5,725 of 6,675
0GKjhDlO1Z_VStvrTGtOD2GGKv9eQXrb591iS6xGpJVcz6kf8OtVmuvFDY4GY50aHJs_Pzw7X3ZAM-DTkudTrwDMtBx4Y5LaUTDzJUvo2gLCWkyL1ShtqFDd_RV2jzdbwM7IhsBY

Don't miss out the 6 hours Black Friday deal at Amazon.com

▶️ Fri, Nov 29, 2019
▶️ 2:45 PM - 8:45 PM PST
▶️ ES100MK2 25% OFF: https://amzn.to/2Y7vVku
▶️ HE100 40% OFF: https://amzn.to/2QZVvHS

*This promotion is only available at Amazon USA. For customers in EU, 20% discount coupon for ES100MK1 is currently available at Amazon UK and DE until Nov. 30

Good deal. I would definitely (and happily) buy them, if not own them both already. ES100 alone deserves the effort and I cannot recommend it enough, but HE100 is a good product too.

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #5,726 of 6,675
So because of Amazon Prime my Radson ES100 Mk 1 arrived earlier. crap.....how can anybody denigrate LDAC. I already had the FiiO BTR 3 which sounds great, but I have balanced cables and I like the Rasone App and it's equalisation, so with the good Black Friday discount here in the UK I thought.....go for it. I'm no longer young so why not have enjoyment? We only dance on this earth for a short while......according to Cat Stevens. I'm playing Amazon HD and on my Samsung S9 plus it's set to LDAC 'optimised for audio quality', and I'm listening with the Semkarch CNT1's.and Blon 03s I cannot tell the difference to wired. Maybe because I;m getting old, but still I'm gonna plug LDAC.....it's so good. A great little bit of gear.

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #5,728 of 6,675
I'm looking for some headphone suggestions. I've been running the ES100 with ATH M50 original with my Galaxy S10 and LDAC and am floored by how amazing it sounds. However, I'm tired of dealing with this absurdly long and heavy cable. I'm ready to try what I've seen others in this thread do months ago, get some headphones with detachable cable, hopefully go 2.5mm balanced, really short cable, get some adhesive velcro-like strips and mount the ES100 to a cup of the headphones.

ES100.jpg

Wish I could credit whoever posted this originally in the thread.

So basically I'm wondering what your guys favorite headphones are to do this with, in the sub $150 range? I haven't really done any research yet, but I've seen a few complaints that the ATH M50x aren't as good as the original M50, and have no idea if there's merit to this. I'm definitely not married to the M50 but am looking for something quality (vague as that may sound) in my price range.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I'm really looking forward to doing something similar to the picture above.

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #5,729 of 6,675
Used Black Friday as an excuse to act fast, and ordered OnePlus 7T (for 499).. killed my budget, but that should solve my codec problem :wink:

Nice. I had a 1+ 6T and it was a good phone. The 7T looks great as well.

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #5,730 of 6,675
Amazon listing for countries other than USA automatically changed to MK2. We currently asked Amazon to modify it. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will let you know when MK2 is available in markets other than USA.
Any idea when MK2 will be available in EU amazon sites (most preferably amazon.de, but any would do)?

There are MK2 pictures all over. Amazon.de has MK1 in the topic, but some others (like .co.uk) have no mention of the generation of the ES100 in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back