1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383
385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394
Next

Last
  1. M3NTAL
    Heads-up - They are running a lightning deal on Amazon right now for the ES100 MK2

G_T_J and SoundChoice like this.
  2. jasonb
    That's a damn good deal!

I'm loving my ES100.

3. Satir
    I'd be all over that deal if these ES devices had 4.4mm balanced input. Everything is about IEM's, no wonder 2.5 rules and 4.4 is nowhere to be found. Pity as 4.4 is so much more robust.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. dharmasteve
    In the UK they've put the original version up to £95.99. I feel for people who pay more just for Amazon's whims and fancies. Looks like Amazon treat their customers like they treat their employees. ****.

5. Slater
    Yes, it is unfortunate. I think it would make the case much larger though.

You could always get a 2.5mm to 4.4mm balanced adapter.

HungryPanda and courierdriver like this.
  6. Lurk650
    Lol I've never once had a 2.5 break...sure 4.4 is bigger so in theory stronger but that would just make the ES bigger for not much gain in a freak accident break

peter123 and courierdriver like this.
  7. courierdriver
    I agree! I use 2.5mm balanced plugs on all my iems, and have yet to have one break. Then again, I don't treat my gear rough. People who snap off connector plugs...what are you doing that makes them snap off?! I can understand snapping the 2 pin or mmcx connectors to the iems cause they are tiny and close to the earphones; but I'm not sure how I would go about snapping a plug at the end of a cable that plugs into an amp/dac/amp or phone. I guess if I sit on the device it's plugged into...maybe? Don't see me ever doing that though, since my phone and amp are always in the left side pocket of my jacket.

8. kukkurovaca
    I've never had a problem with 2.5mm either (and am not in a hurry to replace my 2.5mm cables), but it's easy to see how problems could arise for those of us who carry stuff in their pockets. It's quite easy to accidentally put a lot of strain on a connector.

9. Q Mass
    Nah, I'm with @Satir on the 2.5 vs 4.4mm thing.
    I always feel like I really have to tip-toe around 2.5mm jacks, they're freakin' TINY.
    3.5 is already pretty damn small, so 4.4 would be much preferable to me too, even if it meant a small increase in device size.

10. Slater
    I use these cables a lot with my ES100:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993681368.html

Hifihear Cable.jpg

They have a 90-degree plug (2.5mm balanced OR 3.5mm single ended), which fits very snugly against the side of the ES100 case. I have had zero issues with stress on the plug with the 90-degree cables, even with the ES100 in my pocket.

Other than buying 90-degree 2.5mm balanced plugs and soldering them yourself, this is one of the few upgrade cables I've seen that comes with a 90-degree 2.5mm balanced plug.

The HifiHear cables are also true 16 core, with all wires soldered (proven by my tear down tests). They're available in mmcx, 2-pin, and QDC. They're built very well, are low impedance, and are extremely soft and flexible (like satin sheets).

Also, if it matters I should mention that NONE of them have ear guides. So those of you that hate ear guides, or don't trust removing ear guides yourself, or those that like to wear their Blon or other earphones down, then you'll like this really cable.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  11. Saberlarry
    Re-quoted this again. Appreciate if someone could take their time and answer this :wink: Thanks again.

12. Slater
    I use my ES100 exclusively with my iPhone SE. So yeah, it works fine with iPhone.

As far as the app, it’s sorta required, even if you’re not planning on tweaking with all of the settings. The app properly searches for and pairs the ES100, and it also always keeps the ES100 firmware updated.

So the app is a good thing, and it’s one of the primary things that sets the ES100 apart from all of its competitors.

I hope that helps, and answers all of your questions.

13. courierdriver
    Added to my Ali cart. Thanks!

SoundChoice likes this.
  14. Slater
    Glad to help out, my northern friend.

BTW, the 16-core HifiHear cables in general are solid budget cables. If you just want a straight plug for non-ES100 use (whether 2.5mm balanced or not), they’re a great value. The straight plug cables are cheaper than the 90-degree plug version of the same cable. But the 90-degree plugs work awesome specifically for the ES100, which is why they get my seal of approval :)

First

Back
374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383
385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394
Next

Last