1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392
Next

Last
  1. Saberlarry
    Does that mean I have to replace the 3.5 cable of my IEM? my IEM are actually damaged as of this moment, if I cannot repair it, Im considering buying a 2nd IT04, which has 2.5 Cable if Im not mistaken.

2. SoundChoice
    IEMs are like Audio Barbies: switch out accessories until you find just the right combination.

3. Cevisi
    I dont know if the it04 comes whit a 2.5mm but the es100 will perform better whit every iem on balanced

courierdriver likes this.
  4. Chupi383
    If the MPOW Soundbot is the same or similar to the MPOW Streambot I have, you will see a lot of difference. Streambot simply isn't great quality. If you're going with a headphone amp between the ES100 and your headphones, DO NOT use a balanced connector since the amp would likely short the two negative sides together which damages the ES100 over time. I do recommend balanced for directly connected headphones and IEMs, though the difference is much more subtle. The difference when moving from Streambot to ES100 will be much larger.

I do suspect a parametric equalizer would be helpful for your use case though, and it doesn't look like the ES100 will get one. If you want this, hold off and get the Qudelix 5K, which is the ES100's spiritual successor, created by the same head engineer after he left Radsone. Or, I don't know what the software EQ scene looks like on iOS but if you can get a parametric EQ either systemwide or built into a media player, you would get fair quality out of a basic Apple Lightning to 3.5mm dongle. It wouldn't be quite as nice quality as the ES100, but it would be a fair bit better than Streambot and extremely good for the $9.99 Apple was charging for the dongle last I saw.

5. tyota
    I had the ES100, and was blown away by such a small device. The sound was amazing and the power was pretty impressive, considering I was using HD650s. Then something went wrong. It started producing very loud static sound at max volume, which was almost deafening with IEMs. Terrible, considering how much I loved the amp. Sent it back for a refund.

Gorktastick likes this.
  6. Baten
    I think Fiio BTR5 allows the 3.5mm mic can anyone confirm?

This would be a plus over the ES100 in my book

7. ClieOS Contributor
    Yep, I can confirm mic on the headset's cable will work on BTR5. In fact, volume control on the headset cable will work too.

Baten likes this.
  8. dharmasteve
    Amazon UK/Radsone are offering the original ES100 on Prime with a 20% discount promo until 30th Nov. It works out about £72. Good deal for Uk.

HungryPanda likes this.
  9. radsone
    [​IMG]

Don't miss out the 6 hours Black Friday deal at Amazon.com

▶️ Fri, Nov 29, 2019
    ▶️ 2:45 PM - 8:45 PM PST
    ▶️ ES100MK2 25% OFF: https://amzn.to/2Y7vVku
    ▶️ HE100 40% OFF: https://amzn.to/2QZVvHS

*This promotion is only available at Amazon USA. For customers in EU, 20% discount coupon for ES100MK1 is currently available at Amazon UK and DE until Nov. 30

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    EarStudio Stay updated on EarStudio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/radsoneinc www.twitter.com/radsoneinc https://www.radsone.com/earstudio support@radsone.com
    Slater, HungryPanda and Broquen like this.
  10. Broquen
    Good deal. I would definitely (and happily) buy them, if not own them both already. ES100 alone deserves the effort and I cannot recommend it enough, but HE100 is a good product too.

11. dharmasteve
    So because of Amazon Prime my Radson ES100 Mk 1 arrived earlier. Shite.....how can anybody denigrate LDAC. I already had the FiiO BTR 3 which sounds great, but I have balanced cables and I like the Rasone App and it's equalisation, so with the good Black Friday discount here in the UK I thought.....go for it. I'm no longer young so why not have enjoyment? We only dance on this earth for a short while......according to Cat Stevens. I'm playing Amazon HD and on my Samsung S9 plus it's set to LDAC 'optimised for audio quality', and I'm listening with the Semkarch CNT1's.and Blon 03s I cannot tell the difference to wired. Maybe because I;m getting old, but still I'm gonna plug LDAC.....it's so good. A great little bit of gear.

HungryPanda likes this.
  12. dogilainen
    Used Black Friday as an excuse to act fast, and ordered OnePlus 7T (for 499).. killed my budget, but that should solve my codec problem :wink:

charlescc2 likes this.
  13. charlescc2
    I'm looking for some headphone suggestions. I've been running the ES100 with ATH M50 original with my Galaxy S10 and LDAC and am floored by how amazing it sounds. However, I'm tired of dealing with this absurdly long and heavy cable. I'm ready to try what I've seen others in this thread do months ago, get some headphones with detachable cable, hopefully go 2.5mm balanced, really short cable, get some adhesive velcro-like strips and mount the ES100 to a cup of the headphones.

[​IMG]

Wish I could credit whoever posted this originally in the thread.

So basically I'm wondering what your guys favorite headphones are to do this with, in the sub $150 range? I haven't really done any research yet, but I've seen a few complaints that the ATH M50x aren't as good as the original M50, and have no idea if there's merit to this. I'm definitely not married to the M50 but am looking for something quality (vague as that may sound) in my price range.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I'm really looking forward to doing something similar to the picture above.

14. jasonb
    Nice. I had a 1+ 6T and it was a good phone. The 7T looks great as well.

15. dogilainen
    Any idea when MK2 will be available in EU amazon sites (most preferably amazon.de, but any would do)?

There are MK2 pictures all over. Amazon.de has MK1 in the topic, but some others (like .co.uk) have no mention of the generation of the ES100 in question.

First

Back
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392
Next

Last