1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379
381 382 383 384 385 386 387
Next

Last
  1. G_T_J
    I have also asked this many times already and got absolutely no answer.
    Looking towards BTR5 now.

2. all999
    Looks like MK2 to me.

Screenshot_20191117_135543.jpg

3. endless.skai
    They do not have the mk2 yet, don't get fooled by the updated photos like I did and I received the mk1... then Radsone told me after I contacted them, that mk2 is available only for Amazon US for the moment, for the rest of the world will take some more time...

4. benoe
  5. Cevisi
  6. Lunar Eclipse
    Super tiny! I wonder what the other jack is for..line in for standalone amplification? pass through? dual headphone? Both look the same size but perhaps it's a 2.5mm.

7. G_T_J
    It would be great if that'd save me from buying the DF Cobalt.
    I hope they will send over a unit to Amir for reviewing...

jsmiller58 likes this.
  8. Slater
    Label on the R socket says “HP”, and in the feature list they say there’s a “High Power mode for high impedance headphones”.

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  9. Lunar Eclipse
    Surprised if that's the case. One jack for low impedance one for high? Figured they would just use a software switch to adjust the hardware gain. You're probably right that HP stands for high power and not headphone. Looking forward to some more specs!

10. kukkurovaca
    Two jacks with different output impedances was common on some older desktop amps. But if there's no blaanced output, that seems odd for Radsone since they've cultivated an audience of 2.5mm users.

Personally, I would love to see a dedicated line out jack on a USB device with EQ settings controllable via the same app as the ES100...

11. Cevisi
    Seems more like a headphones dac as a earphone dac and there are nearly zero headphones whit 2.5

12. peter123
    Eh, you can just change the cable. Most of my headphones has the option for 2.5 mm balanced these days. Much thanks to the ES100 ha ha.

Marco Angel likes this.
  13. kukkurovaca
    I don't have much of a headphone stable, but my HD800 have a 2.5mm cable, although that's more for use with my ALO CDM than the ES100.

I could see them going to 4.4 for a compact headphone amp, but going to single-ended seems weird for them. Not that there's anything wrong with single-ended -- I would have no qualms about buying an SE only amp, myself.

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  14. subwoof3r
    same here :D

peter123 and Mouseman like this.
  15. Marco Angel
    Same here, and now every new headphone/in-ears that im buying MUST have chance to switch cables to balanced. This ES100 really was a game changer in my case

Slater likes this.
First

Back
370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379
381 382 383 384 385 386 387
Next

Last