Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 1, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #4,021 of 6,675
Oops, sorry, I meant to say adapters are available, but realize now it looks like alo has the adapters.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/generic-1/
I found them at Lend Me ur ears. One caveat is I ordered last week and still waiting for them to ship. They did say when I ordered the adapters were out of stock, and I elected to wait, I could have cancelled.
With Chinese New Year, may be waiting a bit more.

Randy

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,022 of 6,675
@arbiter76 - there is a quite lengthy graded list by @crinacle, which is now being maintained at crinacle dot com. It's not comprehensive, but as a single source, there is some good basis for comparison. About a good a list as one can find.

The highest ranked IEMs <=$150 on this list are the ikko OH1 and VSonic GR07 Classic/Bass (B-). The DMG (C+) comes in just below them. 1More Triple Driver gets a D+.
The FiiO F9 Pro isn't represented, but the F9 was graded C+.
Crinacle...lol...the Jesus of HF

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #4,023 of 6,675
I will probably skim the Chi Fi thread again but I am very hesitant to commit to anything, even with glowing recommendations due to Chinese ear buds being a double edged sword. Gambling on sound quality (not to mention chances of testing ChiFi audio equipment is basically zero now compared to brands that are sold in popular stores) and hardware quality,never know what you will get even if X company has made a name for itself.
Check out Optoma Nuforce’s HEM2, the cable is removable.
Also heard pretty good things about Sony’s XBA-N1 (and better about the N3).
Also Final’s E4000 have enjoyed a positive under-the-radar reception.

Oh and stop shooting those loud guns will you they will mess up your hearing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #4,025 of 6,675
Oops, sorry, I meant to say adapters are available, but realize now it looks like alo has the adapters.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/generic-1/
I found them at Lend Me ur ears. One caveat is I ordered last week and still waiting for them to ship. They did say when I ordered the adapters were out of stock, and I elected to wait, I could have cancelled.
With Chinese New Year, may be waiting a bit more.

Randy
Thanks - I hope the $37 is for a pair, not one, but that's still a bit pricey. I guess for a really high priced cable it would make sense.

Feb 2, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #4,028 of 6,675
Thinking about replacing my ES100 with a DAP, specifically the HiBy R3. Anyone who has had both devices have any thoughts on sound quality, which they find themselves gravitating towards and why, etc?

I have not owned both. There is something intriguing about a portable device that small will a sound signature that appeals to the masses, wrote in-house apps well enough to suck in extra loyalty bonus points and the biggest gripe as is, is probably battery life and 12h+ is pretty good especially for it's size. Being a Bluetooth receiver with a well received DAC punches far above it's weight as a pros bulletpoint. I'm sure many of us have a wishlist with at least 5 changes we would like to see in a second gen model. I bet many of us would be happy if the only change they made was upgrading the battery so you could get 3 8h days without having to even think about a charger. I would like to see more competition for Bluetooth DACs not just to see how low the noise floor can go but for the variety in designs

Feb 2, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #4,030 of 6,675
Thinking about replacing my ES100 with a DAP, specifically the HiBy R3. Anyone who has had both devices have any thoughts on sound quality, which they find themselves gravitating towards and why, etc?
I have both, and they're each a very different use case. I use my ES100 to stream mostly Apple Music from my phone, my R3 to play my FLAC tracks that I don't want to bother transferring to my phone. I don't EQ on the R3, but I use the MSEB and it sounds great. I probably use the ES100 more, but usually in situations where I don't want a separate piece of equipment. But I love my R3. So I think both can coexist.

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #4,031 of 6,675
Feb 3, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #4,033 of 6,675
Possibly a stupid question...

Little experience with BT and zero with BT amps, but this device is very tempting.

If I use the ES100 with headphones/IEMs that have a mic on the cable, is said mic useable for calls? Or does the ES100's mic "override" it?

Thanks.

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #4,035 of 6,675
Possibly a stupid question...

Little experience with BT and zero with BT amps, but this device is very tempting.

If I use the ES100 with headphones/IEMs that have a mic on the cable, is said mic useable for calls? Or does the ES100's mic "override" it?

Thanks.

This is not limited to ES100 - never know any BT adapter (*including BT amp) that allows the mic on the original headphone to work - it is technically possible but not easy to implement, thus no one actually implemented it. Put an extra mic on the adapter itself is far easier / cheaper to do.

----

10236536.jpg

Mod'ed this cable from KZ's new balanced 2.5mm SPC cable - shorten it to about 50cm and reterminated it with Etymotic mmcx connector.

KZ's cable is quite good in quality and I'll recommend it if you are thinking about modding a cable for your ES100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back