1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last
  1. randytsuch
    Oops, sorry, I meant to say adapters are available, but realize now it looks like alo has the adapters.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/generic-1/
    I found them at Lend Me ur ears. One caveat is I ordered last week and still waiting for them to ship. They did say when I ordered the adapters were out of stock, and I elected to wait, I could have cancelled.
    With Chinese New Year, may be waiting a bit more.

Randy

2. Lurk650
    Crinacle...lol...the Jesus of HF

3. monsieurfromag3
    Check out Optoma Nuforce’s HEM2, the cable is removable.
    Also heard pretty good things about Sony’s XBA-N1 (and better about the N3).
    Also Final’s E4000 have enjoyed a positive under-the-radar reception.

Oh and stop shooting those loud guns will you they will mess up your hearing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. Francisk
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit my post.

5. Mouseman
    Thanks - I hope the $37 is for a pair, not one, but that's still a bit pricey. I guess for a really high priced cable it would make sense.

6. randytsuch
  7. abrody
    Thinking about replacing my ES100 with a DAP, specifically the HiBy R3. Anyone who has had both devices have any thoughts on sound quality, which they find themselves gravitating towards and why, etc?

8. arbiter76
    I have not owned both. There is something intriguing about a portable device that small will a sound signature that appeals to the masses, wrote in-house apps well enough to suck in extra loyalty bonus points and the biggest gripe as is, is probably battery life and 12h+ is pretty good especially for it's size. Being a Bluetooth receiver with a well received DAC punches far above it's weight as a pros bulletpoint. I'm sure many of us have a wishlist with at least 5 changes we would like to see in a second gen model. I bet many of us would be happy if the only change they made was upgrading the battery so you could get 3 8h days without having to even think about a charger. I would like to see more competition for Bluetooth DACs not just to see how low the noise floor can go but for the variety in designs

9. IrishAudio
  10. Mouseman
    I have both, and they're each a very different use case. I use my ES100 to stream mostly Apple Music from my phone, my R3 to play my FLAC tracks that I don't want to bother transferring to my phone. I don't EQ on the R3, but I use the MSEB and it sounds great. I probably use the ES100 more, but usually in situations where I don't want a separate piece of equipment. But I love my R3. So I think both can coexist.

scotvl likes this.
  11. Lurk650
    arbiter76 likes this.
  12. arbiter76
    Sabre is good but this ^^^^.

13. pilgrimbilly
    Possibly a stupid question...

Little experience with BT and zero with BT amps, but this device is very tempting.

If I use the ES100 with headphones/IEMs that have a mic on the cable, is said mic useable for calls? Or does the ES100's mic "override" it?

Thanks.

14. benoe
    ES100 mic will override it.

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  15. ClieOS Contributor
    This is not limited to ES100 - never know any BT adapter (*including BT amp) that allows the mic on the original headphone to work - it is technically possible but not easy to implement, thus no one actually implemented it. Put an extra mic on the adapter itself is far easier / cheaper to do.

----

[​IMG]

Mod'ed this cable from KZ's new balanced 2.5mm SPC cable - shorten it to about 50cm and reterminated it with Etymotic mmcx connector.

KZ's cable is quite good in quality and I'll recommend it if you are thinking about modding a cable for your ES100

First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last