Quick: King of close back headphones still in production
Mar 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #121 of 243
TH900 and Paradox blow the other in-production closed back headphones out of the water.

Wow, serious? Even Beyerdynamic T5p?

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #122 of 243
The Yamaha is far from being really that bad, a nice headphone for the price and maybe the best fashion conscience headphone out there but it is not even close to the levels of the TH900, that thing blows it away. the King is at the end of the day, quite simply the TH900 and we can give the prince crowns to the T5p and the Paradox!

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #123 of 243
Quote:
The Yamaha is far from being really that bad, a nice headphone for the price and maybe the best fashion conscience headphone out there but it is not even close to the levels of the TH900, that thing blows it away. the King is at the end of the day, quite simply the TH900 and we can give the prince crowns to the T5p and the Paradox!

can you explain why? i am curious. never had a chance to try headphones in that price range.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #124 of 243
Quote:
Wow, serious? Even Beyerdynamic T5p?

Honestly, I didn't have a chance to listen to T5P, but Paradox is good as hell out of my Anedio D2 - simply BETTER than my former HE-500. I suppose T5P is much better as portable headphones, but bested by Paradox for home use.

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #125 of 243
Quote:
can you explain why? i am curious. never had a chance to try headphones in that price range.

Just go to the TH-900 Thread and read some of the reviews. Some people reference the HD800 and LCD-3 as comparisons. I have all three and can attest on how good they sound for a closed back, actually any back. They have a larger soundstage than most open-backs, and a sound that is so refined, it's hard to put them down. Their sound is magical to some, but most owners of the headphones love them for their wide diversity, and how they do any music genre supreme justice. They are a great all-arounder, and I would agree with swimsonny that none of those headphones on that list touch the TH-900, especially with a good amp/dac.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #126 of 243
Just go to the TH-900 Thread and read some of the reviews. Some people reference the HD800 and LCD-3 as comparisons. I have all three and can attest for who good they sound for a closed back. Their sound is magical to some, but most owners of the headphones love them for their wide diversity, and how they do any music genre supreme justice. They are a great all-arounder, and I would agree with swimsonny that none of those headphones on that list touch the TH-900, especially with a good amp/dac.

Has anyone done a W5000/TH900 comparison? Just curious more than anything else.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #127 of 243
Not that I have any personal experience with them (yet) but the Fischer Audio FA-003 ought to get some love...
It averages 4.7 stars here on Head-Fi...  ?!

According to many of the *subjective* reviews in the FA-003 appreciation thread(s), its signature is comparable to the HD600 and beats the snot out of most of the contenders on the OP's list...

Just an observation.   
devil_face.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #128 of 243
Not that I have any personal experience with them

And you shouldn't talk about them as a result. I don't mean this in a rude way - it's considered poor form around here to suggest/recommend/comment/etc on the sound of equipment you're unfamiliar with. The "star" rating in the Head Gear thing is kind of screwed up too (it shouldn't be used as an indicator of quality, either against other products, or of the product in general).

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #129 of 243
Just to nit pick the Z1000 is not the same as the 7520:

This is from Jude (owner of Head-Fi.org) Holiday gift guide 2012:

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #130 of 243
Quote:
And you shouldn't talk about them as a result. I don't mean this in a rude way - it's considered poor form around here to suggest/recommend/comment/etc on the sound of equipment you're unfamiliar with. The "star" rating in the Head Gear thing is kind of screwed up too (it shouldn't be used as an indicator of quality, either against other products, or of the product in general).

frown.gif
  Sorry - noob mistake.  Won't happen again.
...and thanks for the heads-up about the star rating system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back