AKG K550
Fostex TH600
Sony MDR-1R
SoundMagic HP100

The list is starting to look good :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #107 of 243
Quote:
Is it better than the MDR-7509HD?

Unfortunately I haven't heard the 7509HD. I've heard the non-HD version, but I guess that's a completely different sounding headphone, so that comparison would be no good.
redface.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #109 of 243
Quote:
what exactly makes a pair of headphones the king???

I guess to each there is one of their own king, whatever comes into your mind that you love. If a king is love by many it will be in the list or get dethrone?

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #110 of 243
Quote:
I guess to each there is one of their own king, whatever comes into your mind that you love. If a king is love by many it will be in the list or get dethrone?

seems to me that it's hard to say, because the kings here are being crowned and decrowned by a single person's comment. ...and how many people here have actually heard all the headphones on that list?

I think you need to elect the king through trial by combat!! :D fight to the death!

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #111 of 243
Quote:
seems to me that it's hard to say, because the kings here are being crowned and decrowned by a single person's comment. ...and how many people here have actually heard all the headphones on that list?

I think you need to elect the king through trial by combat!! :D fight to the death!

Absolutely :D

In fact if one that have dethrone and enough protest it will be back in the list and vice versa. Hopefully like you have said, the list should be shorten overtime and hopefully someone have the resources can do a death match. Of course it can never be the best of the best single King but I never see any threads that people nominate a list like this one. Should be a fun thing to do. Maybe we need to start an open back version LOL.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #112 of 243
To be fair there is not many of that list I have not heard. I think both the yamaha and Sony z1000 being on the same list as the TH900 is absurd. Also the signature pro is better than both of them but also ain't at the level of Th900.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #114 of 243
Quote:
To be fair there is not many of that list I have not heard. I think both the yamaha and Sony z1000 being on the same list as the TH900 is absurd. Also the signature pro is better than both of them but also ain't at the level of Th900.

perhaps, it would help to nominate kings per price category.

It would seem a bit strange to me personally if a $400-500 pair of headphones can outperform a $2,000 pair of headphones. If that is the case, no one will buy the $2,000 pair. lol

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #115 of 243
Quote:
Maybe we shall have top 5 kings of different price range xD 

I know like Whats-Hifi they group equipment into price point which make a lot of sense. When come to "King" it is something ultimate for individual and many at times, a cheaper headphones can really better than a more expensive one. So no price point, no comfort just something we think it is worth the status of Kingship.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #116 of 243
Quote:
perhaps, it would help to nominate kings per price category.

It would seem a bit strange to me personally if a $400-500 pair of headphones can outperform a $2,000 pair of headphones. If that is the case, no one will buy the $2,000 pair. lol

If there is one, it is worth to be call the King isn't it? The question is will there ever be one? :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #117 of 243
Quote:

Is the Yamaha really that bad?

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #118 of 243
Quote:
I know like Whats-Hifi they group equipment into price point which make a lot of sense. When come to "King" it is something ultimate for individual and many at times, a cheaper headphones can really better than a more expensive one. So no price point, no comfort just something we think it is worth the status of Kingship.

A proper king should live comfortably!!!! :)

Quote:
Is the Yamaha really that bad?

shhhh!!!! don't throw any hate yamaha's way or the thread will be derailed by people who love their pro 500s :frowning2:

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #119 of 243
Quote:
A proper king should live comfortably!!!! :)

shhhh!!!! don't throw any hate yamaha's way or the thread will be derailed by people who love their pro 500s :frowning2:

"A proper king should live comfortably!!!!" Haha yea. I actually mean anything that is King to you and not particularly based on any preset criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back