Quick: King of close back headphones still in production
Apr 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #152 of 243
How about the 7509HD?
Also, sad enough to say Sennheiser didn't have any closed back that can compete in this list... Sennheiser, what are you doing? :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #153 of 243
Audio Technica W5000
Beyerdynamic T5p
Denon AH-D7100
Fostex T50RP Mad Dog
Fostex T50RP Paradox
Fostex TH900
JVC DX1000
Kenwood KH-K1000
Ultrasone Edition 8
Ultrasone Signature Pro
AKG K550
Fostex TH600
Sony MDR-1R
Sony MDR-CD900ST
Sony MDR-Z1000/7520
SoundMagic HP100
Yamaha Pro 500

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #154 of 243
Also, sad enough to say Sennheiser didn't have any closed back that can compete in this list... Sennheiser, what are you doing? :)

IME Sennheiser closed cans are...not something I'd want to own. They have a lot of really good open-back offerings at a variety of prices, but they just don't seem to "do" closed cans. I've heard this has started change, as they've had to respond to changes in market demand, but even still - they're a long way off from being an Audio-Technica or Koss. :xf_eek:

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #155 of 243
I am sure if Sennheiser want they sure can. Probably because they believe open back are best result for audio while it may be true, open back is not much of use if you have kids or wife yelling in the house. :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #157 of 243
Bill, ask you something... do you have experience with CAL! and HD449? I know you prefer the HD439 than the HD449 :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #158 of 243
Quote:
Bill, ask you something... do you have experience with CAL! and HD449? I know you prefer the HD439 than the HD449 :)

Hmm... I don't remember me saying that I prefer HD439 over HD449 because I never get to try HD449 but if I do, I apologize! Probably that's because my mind always thought of HD449 ones in a while and even when I am typing? (Yeah, that happens a lottttttttt of times but luckily I double checked it although sometimes I didn't double check). However, I prefer HD439 over HD518, SRH-440. Not sure about CAL! either.

sorry to disappoint you!
Billson :) 

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #159 of 243
Haha, I could be the one that mistaken instead. I did briefly listen the a 439 before. There isn't much choices for Sennheiser closed headphones especially high end one. I actually do not need more headphones but am always curious about CAL! because many who owns other high end headphones still love them so they must be something special. Being Singaporean helps to add some interest too. Strange thing is noone seems wanting to sell them even stereo no longer want to sell Creative products and Creative online store is selling double the price of what they listed in Australia! As for 449, I have soft sport for them since I like the 650 and 201 a lot. My next serious purchase will likely be a MS Pro or T5p... maybe something listed in this thread :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #160 of 243
Quote:
Haha, I could be the one that mistaken instead. I did briefly listen the a 439 before. There isn't much choices for Sennheiser closed headphones especially high end one. I actually do not need more headphones but am always curious about CAL! because many who owns other high end headphones still love them so they must be something special. Being Singaporean helps to add some interest too. Strange thing is noone seems wanting to sell them even stereo no longer want to sell Creative products and Creative online store is selling double the price of what they listed in Australia! As for 449, I have soft sport for them since I like the 650 and 201 a lot. My next serious purchase will likely be a MS Pro or T5p... maybe something listed in this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

i dont know if i need more headphones or not... i think i probably do 
biggrin.gif
. i have an unmodded fostex t50rp that does not get any listening time whatsoever, it will probably get turned into a paradox once i have money. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #161 of 243
Quote:
Haha, I could be the one that mistaken instead. I did briefly listen the a 439 before. There isn't much choices for Sennheiser closed headphones especially high end one. I actually do not need more headphones but am always curious about CAL! because many who owns other high end headphones still love them so they must be something special. Being Singaporean helps to add some interest too. Strange thing is noone seems wanting to sell them even stereo no longer want to sell Creative products and Creative online store is selling double the price of what they listed in Australia! As for 449, I have soft sport for them since I like the 650 and 201 a lot. My next serious purchase will likely be a MS Pro or T5p... maybe something listed in this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah...not sure why Stereo cutting down so many awesome brands! Including the iBasso! Man, if they still stock it, I will definitely get the D7 with K550/HD598! They pair well like a good couple! Lol...

& yep! Waiting for the real king of closed to be chosen and if I can afford it, might as well buy it XD 

Billson :D

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #162 of 243
Creative closed all their retail shops in Singapore, sold their HQ few years back. CAL! is no where to be found except Mustafa.
End of an era....

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #163 of 243
I'd be really keen on a 7520 vs. CD900st comparison too, I have the CD900st and they're amazing headphones. Their tonal quality is some of the best i've heard regardless of the price and going from memory is an improvemnt from the Z1000 i had some time ago. Unlike some previous poster said, I find them to be very versatile sounding, as a good monitor should be. But the Z1000 was more dynamic iiirc.

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #164 of 243
Quote:
Creative closed all their retail shops in Singapore, sold their HQ few years back. CAL! is no where to be found except Mustafa.
End of an era....

That's true! I hope Stereo willing to bring in SoundMagic HP100! That. Would be great and hopefully it can replace the CAL! to us xD

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #165 of 243
MaxiMall have HP100 -> http://www.maximall.sg/Product/67/SoundMagic-HP100-Professional-Portable-Headphones

Actually even Koss is hard to find in Singapore too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back