Questions on Reshelling IEMs.
Jun 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

I call them both co-flagship iems, but people think more drivers + higher price = better.

Yup, the JH13 and 16 are indeed both flagships, and I prefer the JH13 over the 16. But one thing I noticed is that there are people who found the 13 too boring and lack of bass, so they went for the 16 for the boost. But of course, the mentality that more drivers and higher price = better is quite common. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #18 of 19
Boring? Perhaps because it is pretty neutral. I do like to throw on the MS Pros when I just feel like rocking out and JH13 when I feel more like critical listening.

Bass light? Definitely not to me, they feel quite bassy to me but in the sense that they will act bassy only when the song calls for it.

But I can understand the allure of a well defined bassy sound, it's very rare to find a universal that can be bassy and yet not stuff up the mids or be too dark sounding for me.

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
Boring? Perhaps because it is pretty neutral. I do like to throw on the MS Pros when I just feel like rocking out and JH13 when I feel more like critical listening.

Bass light? Definitely not to me, they feel quite bassy to me but in the sense that they will act bassy only when the song calls for it.

But I can understand the allure of a well defined bassy sound, it's very rare to find a universal that can be bassy and yet not stuff up the mids or be too dark sounding for me.

Well, my opinions are very similar to yours on the demo set, at least. Though many people think otherwise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back