PS1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #2,806 of 3,605

beerchug.gif

I should have said that the bass/mid-bass is filling out tremendously without pouring into the mid/high frequencies like the PS1K had the tendency to do sometimes. I'm hearing micro details with the (e) that I didn't hear on tracks I've heard a million times that I would hear with my RS1i but not my PS1K. Now with the bass/mid-bass filling out their just more and more awesome!

I really love the sound of Nina Simone 1962 at the village gate.  Feeding the PS1000e with the Nagra is fantastic.
I now also cleaned up the digital path with a Regen.

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #2,808 of 3,605

It should be obvious by now how much to drink I've had.

One does not nececelery have to drink, not to make nonsense, trust me, nonsense is my middle name!
blink.gif
  Don't believe me?, go ask the Canadian Health Ministry what my latest invention's chances for approval, are. 

Let's just say that the Montréal Canadians probably have a better shot at winning the Stanley cup, than my H.B.I. ''Helium Breast Implants'' have, of making it to production. 
redface.gif

Oh! well, maybe my male version will pick up, and take off, but for now, the patent is pending!
wink.gif

What an uplifting thread this is.

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #2,809 of 3,605
Hi all, new member, I go the PS1000e a week ago and I'm very disappointed, also have the SR80e, put the a
PS1000e pads on them and they sound almost identical, drivers also look identical, I feel so ripped of right now!!!

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #2,810 of 3,605
  Hi all, new member, I go the PS1000e a week ago and I'm very disappointed, also have the SR80e, put the a
PS1000e pads on them and they sound almost identical, drivers also look identical, I feel so ripped of right now!!!

First me let the say be Dark Side to welcome Jophar!
beerchug.gif

Opinion my in, happy be you should, SR80e to you if because sounds PS1000e same as the, means this money yourself a lot saving you are, is great a thing this, think you don't?

English translation: Let me be the first to say welcome to the Dark Side Jophar!
beerchug.gif

In my opinion, you should be happy, because if the SR80e sounds the same to you as the PS1000e, this means that you are saving yourself a lot of money. this is a great thing, don't you think?

I like to kid around Jophar, so please be offended don't.
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #2,811 of 3,605

There is no way the 80e can sound like the PS1Ke…two totally different HP's.
Maybe you just prefer the 80e, no? 

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #2,812 of 3,605
stacker45 said:

In my opinion, you should be happy, because if the SR80e sounds the same to you as the PS1000e, this means that you are saving yourself a lot of money. this is a great thing, don't you think?

I like to kid around Jophar, so please be offended don't.
tongue.gif

It does not sound the same JUST to me but to everyone who's listened to them side by side.
It could be a great think if I haven't payed for the PS1000e, now I need to find a ''sucker'' to sell them.
Offended I'm not, a fan of Yoda really I am.

There is no way the 80e can sound like the PS1Ke…two totally different HP's.
Maybe you just prefer the 80e, no? 

Really? What's so different?
Is this your opinion, an assumption or you talk from experience?

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #2,813 of 3,605

How are you driving these two headphones?

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,816 of 3,605
  Yeah, really…unless your 80e is a hybrid design they are two totally differently HP's.
If they are I'll sell my PS1Ke to some sucker and buy an 80e.

Oh no, my SR80e are plastic and my PS1000e are ''hybrid'' as you say, sounds catchy, still, the operation principle between the two remains the same no matter what unobdanium material used.
You think that slapping a driver from a 80$ pair of headphones in a shiny ''hybrid'' cup makes a 1800$ worth of headphones?
But yeah, they LOOK different, I don't know about you but I bought them to listen to music, I buy paintings to look at.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #2,817 of 3,605
  Oh no, my SR80e are plastic and my PS1000e are ''hybrid'' as you say, sounds catchy, still, the operation principle between the two remains the same no matter what unobdanium material used.
You think that slapping a driver from a 80$ pair of headphones in a shiny ''hybrid'' cup makes a 1800$ worth of headphones?
But yeah, they LOOK different, I don't know about you but I bought them to listen to music, I buy paintings to look at.

Yeah your right.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #2,818 of 3,605

Mostly with an Odac/Objective2 AC powered.

This amp is good enough to drive both headphones, since both cans have the same impedance and sensitivity.
That said, if your music is classical, you should get much greater space and low end power with the PS1000e over the SR80e with your amp.  If not, something is wrong in the equation.
Could well be the PS1000e sample that you have is bad.  Since you recently bought it, a refund or exchange should not be an issue.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #2,819 of 3,605

This amp is good enough to drive both headphones, since both cans have the same impedance and sensitivity.
That said, if your music is classical, you should get much greater space and low end power with the PS1000e over the SR80e with your amp.  If not, something is wrong in the equation.
Could well be the PS1000e sample that you have is bad.  Since you recently bought it, a refund or exchange should not be an issue.

I mostly listen to classical, I'm a professional musician (cello).
Yes the PS1000e sounds more spacious but it's an effect of the pads, not the ''hybrid'' cups, put the SR80e flat pads on the PS1000e and it's gone, put the big pads on the SR80e and ..... you got the point, listening to both of them without pads at all they sound identical.
Looking at the drivers they are also identical.
Reading in the Grado site how much different the published specs are between the SR80e and the PS1000e makes me redefine the word ''marketing''.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,820 of 3,605
  I mostly listen to classical, I'm a professional musician (cello).
Yes the PS1000e sounds more spacious but it's an effect of the pads, not the ''hybrid'' cups, put the SR80e flat pads on the PS1000e and it's gone, put the big pads on the SR80e and ..... you got the point, listening to both of them without pads at all they sound identical.
Looking at the drivers they are also identical.
Reading in the Grado site how much different the published specs are between the SR80e and the PS1000e makes me redefine the word ''marketing''.

No offense but,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back