Post pics of your builds....
Feb 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #7,801 of 9,811
A JDS Labs cMoyBB with gain 4 and no bass boost switch, OPA2227. Great design from JDS Labs!
Why do people spend so much money on factory amplifiers when they can spend a little money by building one of these and have excellent results as well?

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #7,802 of 9,811
What's this valuable thread doing on the second page, I gotta bump it up :wink:

I finally finished up my Dynaco PAS rebuild, it's been months coming. I chose to use reproductions of the original PAS 3 boards from eBay and rather than recreate the selenium rectifier with standard capacitors, I used the ClassicValve PAS Regulated Power Supply. I/O board and RCAs were sourced from Tubes4HiFi, Transformer from TriodeElectronics, Elma switch from PercyAudio, Alps pots from Mouser, resistors and caps from Sonicraft, etc. etc.

Be sure to check out all the build notes here: DIYAudioBlog.com

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #7,803 of 9,811
Headbanger variant : 
9volt stabilized mains power supply , gain reduced to about 10 ( 15 K resistor in the feedback loop ) , 2 inputs , added 22 ohms in series with the output. It's stable at any load , no hum , no hiss and souns GREAT! 
beyersmile.png
From the front:

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #7,805 of 9,811
Nope , it's a "headbanger" =  2 x LM386N ( not quite as good as a cmoy but with some care in the construction it comes close ). I had a cmoy but I gave it to a good friend for his birthday a few weeks ago and I'll probably build another one soon , but first I want to do a Grado RA1 clone.

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #7,806 of 9,811

Thought I'd post a pic of my speaker build. I am building proper cabinets this weekend but couldn't wait. They don't sound that bad but the shoe boxes are too resonant to produce any bass. The controls on my receiver help quite a bit though. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #7,807 of 9,811
Everyone has leftover parts... mine were invading my desk so I drafted them and send them on active duty: a quick and dirty 24V/200ma regulator. Well, it looks dirty but the scope has nothing bad to say about it, even when fed from a cheap 30VDC printer PS. The parts are rather low-specs, that helps with the stability.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #7,809 of 9,811
Postponed until next weekend again. Grr.

On another note, I got a new cart for my TT (AT95e) and everything sounds so amazing. The bass of the TT is much more present than a digital source. I know this may sound like BS but it is true; I can feel it with the turntable but not with my Droid as a source.. Full rangers can't take the full bass boost though otherwise they just shake. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #7,810 of 9,811

Quote:
Everyone has leftover parts... mine were invading my desk so I drafted them and send them on active duty: a quick and dirty 24V/200ma regulator. Well, it looks dirty but the scope has nothing bad to say about it, even when fed from a cheap 30VDC printer PS. The parts are rather low-specs, that helps with the stability.

Very cool deadbug power supply.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #7,815 of 9,811
Finally fixed the logo with the Millett Engineer's Amplifier :wink: I also upgraded the Russian PIOs to AmpOhm PIOs while I was working on it.

Check out all the build notes here: http://www.diyaudioblog.com/2011/03/millett-dcpp-engineers-amplifier.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back