Post Pics of Headphones & Headphone/Listening Area
Feb 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #62 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dualstage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my current headphoneless
eek.gif
setup. It will look better when my MS-1's get here tho.
smily_headphones1.gif

Attachment 2297

Attachment 2299

Attachment 2301

Leftie, eh?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice a lot of computer sourcing....how quiet are your desktops?
A big problem of mine is that I have to shutdown my pc if I wanted to listen to music because it's very noisy (esp. the harddrives and the vid card).

Mines not the quietest, but even with my Grados I don't have to turn of my PC. The loudest thing on my pc are my fans, and I can manually turn them down if it were to bother me.

Feb 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #63 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leftie, eh?
biggrin.gif

And proud of it
biggrin.gif
Buying guitars is a bitch tho!

As for the computer noise issue, I have a Dell, not the best, but they do make them quiet.

Feb 19, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #64 of 152
Quote:

A big problem of mine is that I have to shutdown my pc if I wanted to listen to music because it's very noisy (esp. the harddrives and the vid card).

I'll admit that I don't use my PC as much as I used to. Ever since I put together my new system, my video card (8600 GT) is very loud. I'm thinking I need a higher watt power supply.

Nylan

Feb 19, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #65 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll admit that I don't use my PC as much as I used to. Ever since I put together my new system, my video card (8600 GT) is very loud. I'm thinking I need a higher watt power supply.

Nylan

get an aftermarket cooler, this one is a really good deal
the accelero s1 rev 2 Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING ACCELS1 Rev 2 VGA Cooler - Retail
its just 20 bucks and it has been getting really good reviews. u could strap some yate loons on it or buy their fan kit for it

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #66 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dualstage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And proud of it
biggrin.gif
Buying guitars is a bitch tho!

As for the computer noise issue, I have a Dell, not the best, but they do make them quiet.

yeah, that's what made me notice, was the guitar. Also about making computers quiet..buying aftermarket fans or if it's a big deal liquid cooling is the way to go...or just buy closed phones
biggrin.gif

Anyways...more pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #67 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, that's what made me notice, was the guitar. Also about making computers quiet..buying aftermarket fans or if it's a big deal liquid cooling is the way to go...or just buy closed phones
biggrin.gif

Anyways...more pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Been tempted just to buy a DT 770/80 for my computer. Eventually I'll buy a decent CD/SACD player, receiver, and amp.

Nylan

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #69 of 152
Quote:

silentpcreview.com | Everything about Silent / Quiet Computers

Get to it!

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #70 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine:

*snip*
Apologies for the mess.

Wii, two monitors, HF-1, HD580, MS-1, BUTTLOAD of games and CD's...

What do you do?
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #71 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine:

DSC00505Medium.jpg

Apologies for the mess.

o god...the clutter...mmm, and that dell brings back memories...bad memories...and a white keyboard...now I will have nightmares about this.

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #72 of 152
What's wrong with white keyboards? The IBM Model M is still the best keyboard ever made. I have one; it was manufactured in 1984 and has been under heavy use ever since. It's still in perfect condition.

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #73 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by espire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with white keyboards? The IBM Model M is still the best keyboard ever made. I have one; it was manufactured in 1984 and has been under heavy use ever since. It's still in perfect condition.

Give the man a prize!

keyboard.jpg

This one is actually made by Unicomp who bought the tooling from IBM when they stopped making the Model M. It's the same keyboard with the coiled cable and buckling spring keys but with the addition of Windows keys (which makes me a heretic as far as Model M fans are concerned but I like the utility of the extra keys). I had a real Modem M before this (which I still have and it still works) that came with a computer my father bought in 1987.

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #74 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wii, two monitors, HF-1, HD580, MS-1, BUTTLOAD of games and CD's...

What do you do?
biggrin.gif

Live at home with my parents
redface.gif
(which will be remedied shortly).

There are a few goodies not visible in the pic, too.

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #75 of 152
No, it's just the memory with that same exact dell blowing up (the cpu did) right after us plugging in a white keyboard and trying to turn it on...the second reason that I don't buy dells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back