Post Pics of Headphones & Headphone/Listening Area
Feb 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #31 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
love the skull, where did you get it from?

It's made by a company called Skullduggery...I got it on Amazon. The skulls are very realistic, I got mine mainly as a model for drawings. Not very practical as a headphone stand but I couldn't find any banana hangers that looked sinister.
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #32 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaiden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It can change your CRT monitor a bit, a degauss should fix any changes though.

When i have a speaker on top of my CRT monitor, a certain spot on the crt is effected(bad colour and blurs) when i remove the speaker and degauss, its gone.

Cheers

also... my set up atm is.....

foobar2k/flac > prog rock/heavy metal(sub genres but no metalcore etc, mainly sweedish metal) > auzen prelude > bit matched > ad700 sitting on my pc desk
tongue.gif
don't know if its pic worthy hehe.

Well i don't notice any difference with them on top or off...they're computer speakers, and I know that they usually shield those...my big pioneers def. aren't going on top of my computer monitor :p.

Come on people more pics
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #33 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pez, those logitechs you have are horrid (sounding). I really dislike mine. Hoping to upgrade as soon as i have $$$

It doesn't help that the monitor is right between the two speakers. The soundstage depth and imaging accuracy really suffer with the monitor in the middle due to unwanted reflections. Even though Logitech speakers aren't that great, most people don't set it up properly and fail to realise their full potential.

The way I've got my Z2300 set up is not ideal either, but I have unavoidable limitations.

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #34 of 152
so how should I have them setup?...When I use them I have the speakers in front of the monitors, but then after I usually push them back.

Feb 17, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #35 of 152
I would put the front speakers right up against the edge of the table, a bit further apart so that the focus point is just behind your listening position (think equilateral triangle). Toe them in slightly towards your ears and you should have pretty acceptable soundstaging. Cover the screen with a porous, sound-absorbing material such foam or a thick scarf to alleviate the stray reflections. It's preferable that the surface of the material is uneven too. If possible I would disable the center and surround channels. Of course, this is only ideal for listening to music.

Feb 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #36 of 152
This is my gaming setup, only 580s pictured:
2272045530_f49f461bc8_o.jpg

WB looks really off

Feb 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #37 of 152
Those are Altec Lansing speakers right? I think my friend has the same and they sound decent. They are extremely large for consumer-grade computer speakers though.

Feb 17, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #39 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would put the front speakers right up against the edge of the table, a bit further apart so that the focus point is just behind your listening position (think equilateral triangle). Toe them in slightly towards your ears and you should have pretty acceptable soundstaging. Cover the screen with a porous, sound-absorbing material such foam or a thick scarf to alleviate the stray reflections. It's preferable that the surface of the material is uneven too. If possible I would disable the center and surround channels. Of course, this is only ideal for listening to music.

well i've only been using my pioneers for music...I just need to get a reciever so i can put it on top of my computer desk (to the right of the monitor and the shelfs will go on top, then I'm gonna put my pioneers on each side of the computer desk...I'll post pics when all is done....i'd say ~2 months
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #40 of 152
Heres most of my rig, and DIY headphone stand, if you want a very nice looking, cheap stand for under $20.00. All I had to do was shorten the post by a few inches, drill holes in the top and base, then stain/lacquer. I scored the SX-434 yesterday for $15. Looks and sounds great.
biggrin.gif

setup1.jpg

detail of stand
setup2.jpg

Feb 17, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #41 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are Altec Lansing speakers right? I think my friend has the same and they sound decent. They are extremely large for consumer-grade computer speakers though.

Yeah they're the Altec Lansing mx5021s, I got quite a good price on them. They're spitty above moderate volumes, and have a pretty hollow sound sig (really high xover to the sub) but once you EQ them they're pretty decent for music/ movies.
I am planning on replacing them quite soon though, with some good studio monitors once I get a GS-1.

Feb 17, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #44 of 152
Repost of my rig with the colours fixed:

2272804344_e20ee60074_o.jpg

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #45 of 152
come on more more
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back