Plz advice me some budget headphone!!!
Mar 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

luciferzexii

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
i need your help to recommend some of the budget headphone that suit for classical and vocal music. I prefer those could give a relaxing sound and comfort to wear since i feel that my sony V7506 is quite sharp and hard to have a long and relax time for listening to music. my budget is $0-150. can be save up to up to $200 but preferable to be $150 since im still a student and want to invest in further for some budget tube amp. Btw, is tube amp is suitable for this type of music since i rode a lot of comment that impress tube amp  sound signature to be warm and fast. Thanks you guys...

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hi guys,
i need your help to recommend some of the budget headphone that suit for classical and vocal music. I prefer those could give a relaxing sound and comfort to wear since i feel that my sony V7506 is quite sharp and hard to have a long and relax time for listening to music. my budget is $0-150. can be save up to up to $200 but preferable to be $150 since im still a student and want to invest in further for some budget tube amp. Btw, is tube amp is suitable for this type of music since i rode a lot of comment that impress tube amp  sound signature to be warm and fast. Thanks you guys...

Heya,

First of all, at your budget, forget tubes. A budget tube amp isn't going to bring anything to the table except less money towards good headphones. Good entry tube amps start around $200 and go into the $400 range. Entry level. There are $50~75 single tube DIY kits you can get from China that are ok but I wouldn't waste money on them, I'd just get a good solid state if you are on a budget.

At this budget point, put your money towards a quality headphone that can run from most things without an amp. Also, consider used/refurb as you can get more for your money that way.

Things to look into:

Closed:

Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm
SoundMagic HP100
Gemini DJ-HSR 1000
NuForce HP-100
Shure SRH840
AudioTechnica A900X
AKG K271 MK II

Open:

Hifiman HE-300
AKG K240 MKII
Sennheiser HD598
Sennheiser HD558
AudioTechnica AD900 & AD900X
Beyer DT880 Premium 32ohm

Very best,

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Heya,

First of all, at your budget, forget tubes. A budget tube amp isn't going to bring anything to the table except less money towards good headphones. Good entry tube amps start around $200 and go into the $400 range. Entry level. There are $50~75 single tube DIY kits you can get from China that are ok but I wouldn't waste money on them, I'd just get a good solid state if you are on a budget.

At this budget point, put your money towards a quality headphone that can run from most things without an amp. Also, consider used/refurb as you can get more for your money that way.

Things to look into:

Closed:

Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm
SoundMagic HP100
Gemini DJ-HSR 1000
NuForce HP-100
Shure SRH840
AudioTechnica A900X
AKG K271 MK II

Open:

Hifiman HE-300
AKG K240 MKII
Sennheiser HD598
Sennheiser HD558
AudioTechnica AD900 & AD900X
Beyer DT880 Premium 32ohm

Very best,

Hi, thanks for your advice, im considering between sen HD 558-598 or AD900, AKG 240 semi vs open and Dt880. for Sen 558 better or 598 better because i listen to classical music more. (especially violin,piano and concert). Dt880 is quite neutral would it be relaxing for enjoying long-time listening? and AKG 240 semi vs MKII what is the different because i saw i price range is quite alot. Open vs close which one will be better since i would listen to these at home? finnally among the 4 of them which one you recommend the most. Btw if for a long time use which one will give better sounding with amp? and what SS would be ok for budget user like me. i saw a lot of pro for Fiio products what do you think? thanks alot

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Open cans are generally better at you budget (IMHO). They leak sound (others will hear what you're listening to), but provide a nice open sound - usually.

Have you considered the Sony MA900?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back