Pittsburgh Head-fi and Audiophile meet - August 4th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2018 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

The_Blood_Raven

100+ Head-Fier
There will be a head-fi meet at Music To My Ear on August 4th. @MTMECraig can be messaged for more details about the shop.

The last meet here was a blast with a great deal of interesting gear to try. Returning will be the ZMF Dynamics provided by Zach and local owners to try out. I'll be reaching out to a couple others and will update if any more want to send some gear.

Rules per last meet post my @MTMECraig
"Can Head-Fi'ers bring our own stuff?
Yes!
Music To My Ear has several full setups, some songs on CD, LPs, and Craig & Evshrug will make an "Evaluation Playlist" of songs. So, you don't NEED to bring anything to get a great feel for the differences in gear, but you're welcome to bring your own gear. A couple of things to point out:
* You can bring in your own equipment but you have to a 100% playable rig. Need to have all interconnects ect. He will provide the power only.
* This way, we don't spend forever swapping cables
* You can bring your own CDs, Mac computer sources, or optical output sources.
* No food or drink allowed inside near all the expensive stuff, but there is a Sheetz next door!
* Mark at Music To My Ear is letting us use the first floor (with a Long table and 6-8 chairs), but he will let us use some of the upstairs space if needed."​

Link to previous meet thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pittsburgh-headphile-meet.821324/

The Gear that I'll be bringing is:
-Dragon Inspire IHA-1
-Audio-GD NFB1.28
-ZMF Eikon

Since I'm helping arrange this, I'll be advertising on a few major audiophile boards, primarily here of course. If you are sure you can come please drop me a PM. Also please post what gear you're planning to bring.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 35
Always game for another meet

Gear I'll be bringing:
MHA100
Schitt Yggdrasil (Analog 1 Gen 2 usb with Schiit Eitr)
HD800
HE-6
Possibly some other small oddities

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 35
Man I just got an update for Mobius shipping. I’m really interested to see how it pans out!

In regards to dacs, so far we have the Ifi black label, Chord mojo, and the Questyle 600i

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #9 of 35
I'm getting excited for this meet now that its getting closer!

I am going to talk to the misses to see if I can haul our old kitchen table to bring to the meet lol. I feel like the more table space the better.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #13 of 35
Damn not sure I can make it .

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #15 of 35
I’ll be there with my iSine. Audeze is shipping me a replacement Mobius just in case mine was defective while they test it and it should be here in time.

@Audeze have also asked me to bring a demo of their newest LCD model to the meet so I think we’re in for a treat! I guess it’s not efficient, so it’ll have to be hooked up to an amp at the store since I don’t have a desktop rig of my own to bring.

So:
ISine with iPad
Mobius with MacBook
LCD-New-Hotness

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back