Pittsburgh Head-fi and Audiophile meet - August 4th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Page 1 of 3
2 3
Next

Last
  1. The_Blood_Raven
    There will be a head-fi meet at Music To My Ear on August 4th. @MTMECraig can be messaged for more details about the shop.

The last meet here was a blast with a great deal of interesting gear to try. Returning will be the ZMF Dynamics provided by Zach and local owners to try out. I'll be reaching out to a couple others and will update if any more want to send some gear.

Rules per last meet post my @MTMECraig
    "Can Head-Fi'ers bring our own stuff?
    Yes!
    Music To My Ear has several full setups, some songs on CD, LPs, and Craig & Evshrug will make an "Evaluation Playlist" of songs. So, you don't NEED to bring anything to get a great feel for the differences in gear, but you're welcome to bring your own gear. A couple of things to point out:
    * You can bring in your own equipment but you have to a 100% playable rig. Need to have all interconnects ect. He will provide the power only.
    * This way, we don't spend forever swapping cables
    * You can bring your own CDs, Mac computer sources, or optical output sources.
    * No food or drink allowed inside near all the expensive stuff, but there is a Sheetz next door!
    * Mark at Music To My Ear is letting us use the first floor (with a Long table and 6-8 chairs), but he will let us use some of the upstairs space if needed."​

Link to previous meet thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pittsburgh-headphile-meet.821324/

The Gear that I'll be bringing is:
    -Dragon Inspire IHA-1
    -Audio-GD NFB1.28
    -ZMF Eikon

Since I'm helping arrange this, I'll be advertising on a few major audiophile boards, primarily here of course. If you are sure you can come please drop me a PM. Also please post what gear you're planning to bring.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Cann3dh33t and D7NG like this.
  2. gandhisfist
    I'm planning to be there!

Will bring the following gear:

ZMF Eikon
    HE-6
    K1000
    HD800

McIntosh MHA100
    Soekris dac1541

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  3. Medicake
    Always game for another meet

Gear I'll be bringing:
    MHA100
    Schitt Yggdrasil (Analog 1 Gen 2 usb with Schiit Eitr)
    HD800
    HE-6
    Possibly some other small oddities

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. D7NG
    Definitely plan to be there!

Gear I'll bring:

ZMF Eikon
    Hifiman Ananda
    HD650
    Audio-GD NFB28.28

Maelob and AlwaysForward like this.
  5. Netherwind
    Tentatively there.

ZMF Eikon
    Focal Utopia
    Audeze Mobius (Maybe? Audeze pls?)
    AGD NFB-1Amp

Probably not lugging my interface that I use as a DAC, so I might have to borrow someones DAC.

Cann3dh33t and BunnyNamedCraig like this.
  6. BunnyNamedCraig
    Man I just got an update for Mobius shipping. I’m really interested to see how it pans out!

In regards to dacs, so far we have the Ifi black label, Chord mojo, and the Questyle 600i

7. MoJaveMan250
    I hope to make it to this. Always a good time.

BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  8. BunnyNamedCraig
    Hope you do too buddy! Wouldn’t be the same with out ya :ksc75smile:

9. BunnyNamedCraig
    I'm getting excited for this meet now that its getting closer!

I am going to talk to the misses to see if I can haul our old kitchen table to bring to the meet lol. I feel like the more table space the better.

10. Netherwind
    I'm still getting over a cold and have a decent bit of congestion, hoping it clears up by Friday so I can come.

11. BunnyNamedCraig
    Feel better duder!!

12. gandhisfist
    Sangaku is out of commission with what looks like a damaged pot, don't think it'll make it to this meet unfortunately.

13. buke9
    Damn not sure I can make it .

14. BunnyNamedCraig
    Real loss dude :frowning2:. I liked talking with you the last one we had.

You did have a hell of drive to get to us too! I remember that

15. AlwaysForward
    I’ll be there with my iSine. Audeze is shipping me a replacement Mobius just in case mine was defective while they test it and it should be here in time.

@Audeze have also asked me to bring a demo of their newest LCD model to the meet so I think we’re in for a treat! I guess it’s not efficient, so it’ll have to be hooked up to an amp at the store since I don’t have a desktop rig of my own to bring.

So:
    ISine with iPad
    Mobius with MacBook
    LCD-New-Hotness

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
Page 1 of 3
2 3
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.