Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Jan 8, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #51 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by warMen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the feeling some people really exaggerate the effectiveness of pretty much everything... yes, I'm talking to you, Rick Hunter.

Well you are free to believe whatever you want. I'm just reporting something that happened and that surprised me enough to post it on the boards.

And, BTW, since pink noise instead of music is used by manufacturers themselves to burn-in their stuff, don't you think that MAYBE it has a greater effect than just playing music?

With music you have the drivers reproducing only a small amount of the frequency spectrum, with pink noise you ahve the headphones reproducing the whole spectrum at the same time. What better "exercise" for your drivers?

Cheers.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #52 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only IEMs with dynamic drivers.

Is this right? No burn-in on balanced armatures? (And please don't reply "No burn-in, period.")

Jan 8, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #53 of 382
though i don't automatically buy in to these kinds of things i love trying them out to see if they work for me. so last night i set up my CX300s and had it going for over 9 hours. i'm throwing some bass heavy music at these little bass monsters and i have to tell you, the bass has calmed waaaaay the hell down. um... actually maybe a bit too much since i'm somewhat a basshead.
tongue.gif
i have to say it made quite a difference. cool stuff indeed! thanks to the OP!

Jan 8, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #54 of 382
Excuse my terrible n00b-ness, but would using Pink Noise help burn in a pair of V-Moda Vibes? (Basically, do they have dynamic drivers?) I've been listening to a variety of music on them totalling about 6-8 hours, and the sound is really starting to perk up, but would this help any more?

Jan 8, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #55 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse my terrible n00b-ness, but would using Pink Noise help burn in a pair of V-Moda Vibes? (Basically, do they have dynamic drivers?) I've been listening to a variety of music on them totalling about 6-8 hours, and the sound is really starting to perk up, but would this help any more?

in theory they would benefit. i think a lot of arguments about burn-in and how to burn-in stem from people making broad across the board claims. i also believe there is a level of psychological burn-in as well. but i have had 4 experiences that has convinced me that burn-in is real but that it doesn't cause a dramatic difference on all cans. this is why i say "in theory" because you may not hear a big difference with the vibes. i too have a set of vibes that i really like but haven't noticed a huge difference in sound sig since day 1. therefore they may just not respond as much as other kit.

give it a try. won't hurt and it'll be fun finding out.

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #56 of 382
i'm am burning my akg k81dj's and my koss ur 40's in at this moment using pink noise. will it help on my pc speaker set? i have it playing on my logitech Z-5400 at this moment but i don't know if it will help?

anyone knows if it is any good to pc speakers?

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #57 of 382
it should be good.... Edifier has a software that generates pink noise to help burn in their PC Speaker systems...

its called Edifier Speaker Tool

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #58 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it should be good.... Edifier has a software that generates pink noise to help burn in their PC Speaker systems...

its called Edifier Speaker Tool

do you know where i can find it and download it? google doesn't get me anywhere.

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #59 of 382
http://www.edifier.com/scn2005/suppo...s.v1.01.en.zip

that should be it...but i cant seem to download anything (not even the flac pink noise)...could be caused by the taiwan quake messing up the internet connection over my side of the planet.

just give it a try and see for urself

i used this same software to burn in my Edifier R501 MKII 5.1 speakers...on both sets that i have.

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #60 of 382
WHAT THE FOX GUYS!!

is it possible for pink noise to damage headphones?!!?

i just looped this on my sort've new DT880s (~200 hours) about an hour and they've sucked the bass out of the thing WHAT THE HELL

PLZ HLP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back