Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Jan 7, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #16 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, who else here used/uses pink noise to burn his cans? I'm fairly impressed!

I've used it too for my headphones as well as speakers, and audio components in general (sources and amps/receivers).

Pink noise in itself is really very interesting. See Wikipedia's Pink noise for more details. Also check White noise, or the entry Colors of noise.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #18 of 382
No static is white noise. Read the wiki article.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #19 of 382
edit:
5 min of FLAC pink noise coming, please hold

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #20 of 382
I have the feeling some people really exaggerate the effectiveness of pretty much everything... yes, I'm talking to you, Rick Hunter.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #21 of 382
Jan 8, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #23 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by warMen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the feeling some people really exaggerate the effectiveness of pretty much everything... yes, I'm talking to you, Rick Hunter.

Well pink noise had been used in the pro audio industry for that purpose for years, so they may be more effective than just simply music, honestly it is far less pleasant to hear, I don't think that they prefer to listen that stupid noise instead of music....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #24 of 382
i find it funny that people think they need "lossless pink noise" lol.

you're burning in your f'in headphones, not trying to pick out nuances in the pink noise...

i burn mine in with gold ol' fashion listening, so i can tell differences over time.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #25 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by warMen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still, never hurts to try
cool.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #26 of 382
Jan 8, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #27 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by hilikus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit:
5 min of FLAC pink noise coming, please hold

Nice. The pink noise generator in the free audio package is fine, but I don't invest any money in sound cards or USB amps, so burning in a pair of headphones through my computer is sort of pointless.

Jan 8, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #28 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i find it funny that people think they need "lossless pink noise" lol.

you're burning in your f'in headphones, not trying to pick out nuances in the pink noise...

i burn mine in with gold ol' fashion listening, so i can tell differences over time.

It's not so much that I'd listen to the pink noise and thus need a higher bit rate, its just that, to me, the more detailed the audio, the better the burn in. Plus, in a lower bit rate pink noise file, its possible that some frequencies are omitted due to compression, and the drivers are not tested with this frequency. Call me crazy for caring, call me whatever you want. It's just that in the end I'd rather do everything as best as absolutely possible
icon10.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #29 of 382
I believe in pink. A couple of cans ago I thought I had a set of cans fully burnt in and decided to play some pink noise overnight. All I can say is the change was clearly evident.

P.S. Lossless pink noise sounds a lot better than 128.
icon10.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #30 of 382
Would I lose any audio-information by converting a FLAC file to a WAV file so I can burn a CD of it? (Foobar doesn't have a CD burner)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back