Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 19, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,381 of 37,644
Quote:
narehehu.jpg

What's the name of this iPod case? I badly need one :frowning2:

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #1,382 of 37,644
Looks like a Griffin Reflect, could be wrong

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #1,383 of 37,644
The next entry in my quest to find the perfect portable over-ear headphones. Looking for the perfect balance between sound, stylish look and comfort. Didn't know something like that is so hard to get right :/

iPod touch 5G -> harman/kardon NC. No amps, I simply prefer plugging straight into the iPod jack, the bulkiness of having bricks attached to it has never appealed to me. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,385 of 37,644
Quote:
I thought the bottom was for DACs only

if you use headphone out from any DAP, and then you connect to amp, that's make you double amp it... that's why if use apple class DAP, much better to use LOD if want to use amp...
at first I dunno either... until my friend tell me, and I try it myself that's make a big diffrents... the sound far more clearer not muddy again...

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #1,386 of 37,644
To clarify, the dock connector can output a line-level analog signal as well as a digital one. You can use an LOD like the Fiio L3 or L9 to achieve this.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,387 of 37,644
Heres my setup. It's the only one I got... The iPod Classic is a hand-me-down from one of my sister's friends, and it's so beat up that I can't even see the model number anymore 
tongue_smile.gif
 I plan on using a LOD soon, but for now, I'm rockin the iPod Classic (gen idk)< Fiio L8 < Fiio Andes (E07k) < MEelectronics A161p and or Philips Citiscape Uptown.    

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,390 of 37,644
Quote:
There really isn't any 'android specific' dac as the requirement is not fullfilled by the DAC but by the little droid ^^ Such a shame the E17 wouldn't work however (but I sold it 
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Swimsonny now if only it is as slim as the glacier and gets cheaper OR I get some sales starting (junior jack-of-all-tradesman)!!! In my dreams it is actually a Bluetooth receiver that actually outputs the digital signal into USB, and has the size of well a bluetooth receiver i.e. a usb cap. Then one can simply carry his dac/amp around, e.g. the e17 and control volume there while switch songs on your phone.

Or a receiver with a screen, as slim as the new iPod. Then I can carry a hdd in my carry bag and control it wirelessly.

Like a Nano that can receive bluetooth signal and exports digital to a hpp1, except open source ^^

That is what i mean though, i am looking for an android compatible dac,so at the moment i am not usinf the note 2 as a dap ,besides saving memory space is good when i have enough space in my pocket but my dism is filling up

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #1,391 of 37,644
My Leckerton UHA 4 worked straight out of my Archos G9 101 tablet

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #1,392 of 37,644
Thank you for sharing

It is very genius solution from porta Dac that support Bluetooth for you iPhone

How is the sound quality different between the Bluetooth connection vs Lod to mini to your iPhone ?

Using a LOD would not work as a LOD is analog data and thus only takes digital. The only way you can use with iPhone is Bluetooth. And it sounds amazing. I think you'd have fun with one :wink:

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #1,393 of 37,644
Quote:
My Leckerton UHA 4 worked straight out of my Archos G9 101 tablet

Yes, this is a known thing. They were the first Android device with USB audio, I posted about it here last year when I had one :)

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #1,394 of 37,644
Quote:
What I've got going on, at the moment. iPod Classic 160 GB < Fiio L3 LOD ( I have a pure silver LOD on the way) < Fiio E11 < V-MODA M-100
Next up for me is the ZO2.3 to double amp with the E11.

Why in the world would you want to do that?

Quote:
iPods, iPods everywhere.
devil_face.gif

Maybe because they work properly....no need to reset them, they actually do gapless playback, the battery life is decent, the playlist users can easily add playlists to them, etc,  etc. And compared to the *cough* "audiophile" players, they are actually somewhat reasonably priced....lol 
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #1,395 of 37,644
Quote:
Made me wonder as well-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633457/ipod-classic-lod-and-headphone-out-measure-the-same

If I were to switch out the FiiO L8 with a FiiO L9 would the sound quality make that big of a difference?

In a word YES.
However there is more to it than just swapping to an LOD.
The Source makes a huge difference,
So say you're listening to 128kbps mp3's then its gonna sound not so great either way.
When I swapped out to an LOD I noticed the difference immediately.
you're going straight from the DAC to your Cmoy and the signal is going to be cleaner, Crisper
& more detailed.

Wether the difference is Big or small is down to YOUR ears, As we are all different in how we 
perceive sound. 

Hope this helps a little?? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back