Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #21,005 of 37,599
@HiFiChris
For those buds no, the RX1 are only 16 ohms. I have other higher impedance ones(320/400 ohms) that the amp helps out.

My main goal is to get my travel /portable package down to one small set of items regardless of what earbuds or IEM's I am using for the day. That's why I resurrected the E06 and am going to use a Benjie K9 as the DAP for that. I haul way too much stuff with me for work. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #21,006 of 37,599
What will your next purchase be?

@Toulouse
Benjie K9 as a DAP. Trying to get everything into a light compact package and under $100  for work and travel. I lost a Plenue D in June overboard when helping a friend move a 88 foot sailboat from Panama to New Zealand and decided then I need to pair down what I use so I don't stress over losing things which I seem to do a lot. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #21,007 of 37,599
  @Toulouse
Benjie K9 as a DAP. Trying to get everything into a light compact package and under $100  for work and travel. I lost a Plenue D in June overboard when helping a friend move a 88 foot sailboat from Panama to New Zealand and decided then I need to pair down what I use so I don't stress over losing things which I seem to do a lot. 

I hear ya Bob, this is my new small in stature big in sound setup
wink_face.gif
Even supports a close friend with their own iem's
tongue_smile.gif

Shuffy w/AP001 and Vyrus
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #21,008 of 37,599
@Podster
My original thought was to use a 2gb shuffle but can't find the charger. So going with the Benjie.
I have Vyrus as well but confining myself to ear buds on the go for a cheaper replacable solution should I or when I lose something. Love the Vyrus use them at home a lot. I have a small amazon basics case with the DAP, phones, amp and cables. Once Benjie gets here I'll post it up.

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #21,009 of 37,599

I made this IC cable myself a few years ago, including a few others whereof some can can seen in the picture above that was taken about at the same time as when I soldered them.

As you can also see in my stacking pic, that particular IC cable doesn't look as nice as it once did, as I am using it quite often.

I am using with my DYI IC would help the sound has more weight and more smooth details. Listening with IE800.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #21,012 of 37,599

Users who are viewing this thread

Back