Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #20,972 of 37,669
Technically there should be no difference in terms of signal processing.

@nmatheis

The DAP of the player is bypassed in favour of the mojo's DAP technology. The DAP should only be a transport.

Try it out for yourself and I can promise you that differences can be quite large.i can't exactly tell you why, but if you take a look at the hifi market, there is a huge streamer/server industry that aims to build a good transport for the dac. If you don't hear the difference after trying, feel free to disagree but do give the esther a try as a transport for the mojo, you will not regret it.

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #20,973 of 37,669
Try it out for yourself and I can promise you that differences can be quite large.i can't exactly tell you why, but if you take a look at the hifi market, there is a huge streamer/server industry that aims to build a good transport for the dac. If you don't hear the difference after trying, feel free to disagree but do give the esther a try as a transport for the mojo, you will not regret it.

I can't explain it either but when I hook my ZX2 to the Mojo, it just sounds better than other sources.  Though I hope Sony with its big ass digital out dongle (with a processing chip inside) better have better results...

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #20,974 of 37,669
I can't explain it either but when I hook my ZX2 to the Mojo, it just sounds better than other sources.  Though I hope Sony with its big ass digital out dongle (with a processing chip inside) better have better results...

cant put that in my pocket. The connection sticks out a lot.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #20,975 of 37,669
cant put that in my pocket. The connection sticks out a lot.

Luckily I don't use this in my pocket heh.

ZX2 balanced sounds better than Mojo, so I don't need it with my IEM's.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #20,976 of 37,669
What's the story?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nearly all Walkmans from Sony I collected over the years. I've only sold the NWZ-ZX1060 and those bad sounding iPods! The Software from Sony was far inferior to iTunes but the Walkman devices sounded much better and they do look more attractive than the iPods.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #20,977 of 37,669
Nearly all Walkmans from Sony I collected over the years. I've only sold the NWZ-ZX1060 and those bad sounding iPods! The Software from Sony was far inferior to iTunes but the Walkman devices sounded much better and they do look more attractive than the iPods.

Nice collection.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #20,978 of 37,669

DX50 and a 18v cmoy amp that I bought in 2012 and have recently rediscovered. Rediscovering the amp was a good thing because my Audinst amp-hp battery is dying and I don't need to spend more money.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #20,983 of 37,669

The Noble SAVANNA works very well with my iBasso DX90 - but truth to be told I find that the DX90 works very well with everything, no matter whether IEMs or full-sized headphones, because of its key features (very fine-grained volume control, no hiss, super low output impedance...).

Stacking time...

Noble Audio SAVANNA with my Chord Electronics Mojo plus Leckerton Audio UHA-6S.MKII stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back