Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #16,561 of 37,643
I probably should, but shipping would take about a month to get over here, plus taxes and shipping costs and import duties, so they would actually be more expensive.

Do you know if there's much difference between the 4s and the 40s?

Not much difference. The 40s are just slightly better in the treble region.

So am I, but I don't own two PS4s. :D

Why do you have this Walkman twice? One for the Mrs.? 

They are different players.

One is the ZX1 the other one is the F886.

May 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #16,562 of 37,643

Thats the point, I take it to varsity daily, and occasionally on trips.

The day-by-day i only take the iPod/Dac combo plus the IEMs. 

If i know ill be more than a day away form home I'll also take the blue bag with the extras. 

Everything used to be in one singe case, it was a perfect fit, but so unnecessary and HUGE
confused_face.gif

Well, taking only the ipod/dac and iems seems more reasonable.

Most of the time I only carry around some IEMs and my phone. Sometimes the Sony A17 tags along but only if I know I'll have some listening time available.
For work I take my Fiio E17 and my XBA-H1s.

May 22, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #16,565 of 37,643
Impressions?

Fresh out of the box only after 20 mins dude :D.

OK, (almost) non-sonic thoughts. Nice shiny glossy case. A move way from the traditional CLAS texture. Attracts fingerprints. Gain (even on low) is like wow, is that really low gain? Not gonna try high on my IEMs, maybe when I get home to some higher impedance cans. A little warm but not as warm as the ALO Continental Dual Mono (granted that it's a DAC Amp with dual tubes, I don't know about the Trio yet). Dimensions actually match the AK240.

May 22, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #16,566 of 37,643
There's only one reason why this amp has a grill - Tubes. Welcome Cypherlabs Trio.

How's the Aurender Flow as a straight up DAC?

I'm considering something in this form factor for my Liquid Carbon...

May 22, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #16,567 of 37,643

Well, taking only the ipod/dac and iems seems more reasonable.

Most of the time I only carry around some IEMs and my phone. Sometimes the Sony A17 tags along but only if I know I'll have some listening time available.
For work I take my Fiio E17 and my XBA-H1s.

I don like to keep music on my phone for some weird reason...

I do however used a old iPhone 4 as a iPod for the time being, but only for when i go for a run or to the gym.

I want so very much to purchase a Fiio X1, but I leave in South Africa, and the only way to get it is via eBay. the problem is that the SA postal service is always in strike, I got a new cable for my SE535 and new tips 4 months ago and it has not yet arrived. So I will wait till some of my friends go to USA or the postal service here get back to normal... To leave in a 3rd world country has its **** sides sometimes... Pretty country tho!!

May 22, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #16,568 of 37,643
How's the Aurender Flow as a straight up DAC?

I'm considering something in this form factor for my Liquid Carbon...
Funny you asked that. I was comparing my Flow to the Invicta (v1.0) & honestly the RoV of the Flow is high. I'm not saying I'm ready to sell my Invicta yet but I'm kinda like questioning myself, the output is just not so convenient (it's using the 1/4" jack).

May 22, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #16,571 of 37,643
+1

May 22, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #16,572 of 37,643
Another week, another Edmonton trip. On my way home on the bus, and just found a new use for the drink holder... very handy!

Fiio X3ii and Cypher Labs Picollo... with Brainwavs HM5 on my head and not in the picture.

May 22, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #16,574 of 37,643

Users who are viewing this thread

Back