Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 23, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #16,576 of 37,679
My latest portable setup.... Both X2 and ED9 came in yesterday.

May 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #16,577 of 37,679
  rMBP > DacMagicXS > Aune B1 > K7XX :D

Did you really bring your AKG outside? o.O
I'm thinking to bring it to the library since I have to fix 3 reports due Thursday and it's gonna take long.

Love the B1 btw, I've also listened them briefly last week. Somehow 'tis more refined and clearer than my C5... But could be wrong since it's not mine.

May 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #16,580 of 37,679
Nice one indie....Adam's stand

Yup! It's awesome
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #16,582 of 37,679
How much improved sound with Picollo?

Just a touch of warmth. Quote from my X3ii review (see sig below for link if you're interested in reading the whole thing): "As with E12A, I didn’t find a huge difference with or without the Picollo. Kempff’s piano was ever so slightly more nuanced with the Picollo, but Szeryng’s violin was pretty much the same either way. Fournier’s cello was more textured (less buttery) without the amp in this case. The Picollo is described as a “warm” sounding amp, and that colouring came through compared to the 2G on its own, but not in a way that made me prefer one set-up over the other."

May 23, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #16,585 of 37,679
Just a touch of warmth. Quote from my X3ii review (see sig below for link if you're interested in reading the whole thing): "[COLOR=3B3B3B]As with E12A, I didn’t find a huge difference with or without the Picollo. Kempff’s piano was ever so slightly more nuanced with the Picollo, but Szeryng’s violin was pretty much the same either way. Fournier’s cello was more textured (less buttery) without the amp in this case. The Picollo is described as a “warm” sounding amp, and that colouring came through compared to the 2G on its own, but not in a way that made me prefer one set-up over the other."[/COLOR]

Very interesting review! I've noticed that when using the E12A and Picollo , both were set to low gain ... Maybe that is the reason why you did not notice a significant improvement. In my experience, when I use the Sennheiser Momentum On Ear with high gain at x3ii, i feel better dynamics and clarity compared to low setting.

May 23, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #16,586 of 37,679
Very interesting review! I've noticed that when using the E12A and Picollo , both were set to low gain ... Maybe that is the reason why you did not notice a significant improvement. In my experience, when I use the Sennheiser Momentum On Ear with high gain at x3ii, i feel better dynamics and clarity compared to low setting.

That may be. I DO very much like the X3ii+E12A combo with bass boost on.

May 24, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #16,587 of 37,679

This is my current pant-pocket/shirt pocket fave:  
AK 120ii single-ended to JH-5 CIEMs - serving until my Angies come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back