Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #13,621 of 37,606
For years I have watched as people posted their portable rigs with two, three or even more pieces of gear strapped together with great headphones or IEMs and pondered if I would own anything like what I saw. So today I have the portable rig to end all portable rigs! 3 DAPs, half-a-terabyte plus of storage and power for everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs through to planar headphones, even all at the same time! Now I just need to find some rubber bands as I didn't have any that would fit...

Master Currawong ultra portable rigs ,
I like it the way he put his 3 DAP s together , just plug Headphone and play hahaha
:beerchug:

Let me guess his set up :

3 DAPs are : iPhone 4 / 4s , Fiio X5 and top tier DAP AK 240.

1st set up : iPhone 4/4s > Hi Fi M8 > hugo use optical cable

2nd set up Fiio X5 > Hugo through COAXIAL> Pico Power use RCA to mini pluh

3rd set up AK 240 > Hugo > is not so clear AK 240 HO to Hugo HO can not be works .bcoz Hugo dont have analog Input hahaha :D

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #13,625 of 37,606
Throw a cellphone in that cube and airport security probably won't let it go lol.

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #13,626 of 37,606
New rig arrived today:
  1. ADL X1 DAC and amp
  2. Sennheiser Momentum
  3. Shure SE535

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #13,627 of 37,606
  For years I have watched as people posted their portable rigs with two, three or even more pieces of gear strapped together with great headphones or IEMs and pondered if I would own anything like what I saw. So today I have the portable rig to end all portable rigs! 3 DAPs, half-a-terabyte plus of storage and power for everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs through to planar headphones, even all at the same time! Now I just need to find some rubber bands as I didn't have any that would fit...

Sweet Jesus. that's about 10k of sitting there.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #13,628 of 37,606
It's called "The UtterlyBonkersInYourFaceNeedACraneForThisBeasty Cube". :wink_face:

The cables alone would make an ananaconda feel inadequateequate!!

Love it :p

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #13,629 of 37,606
I really like my E6, it does a fair bit, i use it on android which isn't very loud, but with the Fiio, I only need my phone on half volume and it is plenty loud enough. The presets are pretty handy on the Fiio aswell, I always use the mid boost, I find it sound the best of the 4.

For the best sound, I strongly suggest you to turn the volume on your smartphone to the max and use the FiiO as volume control 

Billson 

I find my phone distorts more at max volume, I put my volume 3 clicks from the end on my phone and then my Fiio about 3/4.

I have found that in most cases when double amping it is best to have the "power amp" at near max volume and control the volume with the source (i.e.. pre amp). This is what is standard in the pre amp/power amp speaker world. Generally the "power amp" has less noise and distortion at max volume than the amp in the source … so controlling the volume with the source keeps it within its sweet spot, YMMV.

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #13,630 of 37,606
The entire thing is Hugo, AK240, Centrance M8 + iPhone 5, X5, Pico Power and Pico Slim (because that is all I had room left for). I don't count the cost of the iPhone so it isn't $10k worth of gear.

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #13,631 of 37,606
"Can i put something in your bag?"
"No room, bag is full of doof cube."

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #13,634 of 37,606

Users who are viewing this thread

Back