Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #13,591 of 37,652
Yea true, Poweramp works well on android, Can always tweak the eq and bass treble to suit the song.
Do you use the foam or the rubber buds, because I have heard the silicone buds give them more bass
but sound cancelling becomes worse. I havn't bothered changing them yet. :p

To be honest I only used the foams with them when I had them.
In saying that, the foams have a rubber inner so I would imagine the difference wouldn't be as great as some foams to silicone.

From my experience with my um mentors, the foams gave the impression of more bass (due to seal and isolation) and less detail in the upper range (either less detail or less perceived detail due to the increase in lows).
With those I actually preferred silicone as they were a very thick sounding iem through the mids so I found the silicone kept everything a bit lighter and detailed.

Really you just need to play around. So many factors come into play.

Seal, small bore, large bore, insertion depth, foam etc.

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #13,592 of 37,652
Really you just need to play around. So many factors come into play.

Seal, small bore, large bore, insertion depth, foam etc.

Yea i will have a bit of a play with then tommorrow thanks for the extra info. :)

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #13,594 of 37,652
Is the e6 still considered a decent entry level amp?

I really like my E6, it does a fair bit, i use it on android which isn't very loud, but with the Fiio, I only need my phone on half volume and it is plenty loud enough. The presets are pretty handy on the Fiio aswell, I always use the mid boost, I find it sound the best of the 4.

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #13,595 of 37,652

I really like my E6, it does a fair bit, i use it on android which isn't very loud, but with the Fiio, I only need my phone on half volume and it is plenty loud enough. The presets are pretty handy on the Fiio aswell, I always use the mid boost, I find it sound the best of the 4.

For the best sound, I strongly suggest you to turn the volume on your smartphone to the max and use the FiiO as volume control 

Billson 

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #13,597 of 37,652
For years I have watched as people posted their portable rigs with two, three or even more pieces of gear strapped together with great headphones or IEMs and pondered if I would own anything like what I saw. So today I have the portable rig to end all portable rigs! 3 DAPs, half-a-terabyte plus of storage and power for everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs through to planar headphones, even all at the same time! Now I just need to find some rubber bands as I didn't have any that would fit...

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #13,599 of 37,652
  For years I have watched as people posted their portable rigs with two, three or even more pieces of gear strapped together with great headphones or IEMs and pondered if I would own anything like what I saw. So today I have the portable rig to end all portable rigs! 3 DAPs, half-a-terabyte plus of storage and power for everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs through to planar headphones, even all at the same time! Now I just need to find some rubber bands as I didn't have any that would fit...

I am pretty sure this is how I would be diagnosed with ADD, if I had such a rig.

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #13,600 of 37,652
  For the best sound, I strongly suggest you to turn the volume on your smartphone to the max and use the FiiO as volume control 

Billson 

I find my phone distorts more at max volume, I put my volume 3 clicks from the end on my phone and then my Fiio about 3/4.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #13,601 of 37,652

Now, that is what I call the ultimate rig! Wow! I like that actually! How does it sound?

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #13,602 of 37,652

Do tell me more 
popcorn.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #13,603 of 37,652
Looking at this thread, albeit not all 905 pages of it, it has led me to ponder just how money our gear is worth whilst out and about...

My rig that I'll be on the train with tomorrow will be FiiO X5, Chord Hugo and Denon D7100 (with IE800 in my pocket for those moments requiring discretion) - including memory cards in the FiiO, that is just shy of £3500 on my person (at original RRP) - and, that would only get much much worse if I ended up with an AK player or such-like. and I'm sure is dwarfed by some rigs in this thread...

Would be pretty heartbroken to get mugged / robbed
frown.gif

Or maybe you could wear a fake Rolex to distract the robber and you can still enjoy beautiful music on the way home after the event.  Makes sense LOL? 

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #13,604 of 37,652
Or maybe you could wear a fake Rolex to distract the robber and you can still enjoy beautiful music on the way home after the event.  Makes sense LOL? 

If someone is to rob another person , he most likely will not do google search on the spot to check which has resell value but take everything he can carry. LoL

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #13,605 of 37,652
If someone is to rob another person , he most likely will not do google search on the spot to check which has resell value but take everything he can carry. LoL

Or one can take currawong's "cube" thingy and threaten the robber to detonate it.... then take everything the robber carries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back