Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 9, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #10,532 of 37,599
Hi Sean

You are right it was Fostex TH 900

Please try Chord Hugo in Tokyo , I am sure you love it
biggrin.gif

Hi Rudi,

Actually I did get a chance to try the Hugo at the Fujiya show last month. I brought along my Alpha Dogs to that event. Timelord (distributors of Chord) had a presentation of which I attended - I really should put the pix I took in the Chord Hugo thread.

Maybe the ADs were the wrong choice for the Hugo but I felt the whole signature to be almost too clean-cut surgical. I didn't bring my TH-900's as the last time I took it to a show its swivel broke :p. The Hugo is a nice DAC/Amp but I personally feel that a more "musical" (i.e. less analytical) headphone/earphone is more suited to it for my sonic tastes.

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #10,533 of 37,599

I did. I went out to get the best cable I can find (22 gauge, OFC silverplated cable and low profile righ-angled plugs) and made my own custom LOD fit for my stack. I only spent 1/5 the cost Alo was asking and I still have plenty of spare wire.

Awesome! Is there a thread anywhere on what materials to get and how to make a really high quality LOD? I am very interested in this. Something comparable to an Alo LOD? Thanks!

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #10,534 of 37,599
Awesome! Is there a thread anywhere on what materials to get and how to make a really high quality LOD? I am very interested in this. Something comparable to an Alo LOD? Thanks!

Check this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #10,535 of 37,599
3 days a go the first time I have heard Fostex HP V 1 tube hybrid amp

Source : AK 240
Amp : Fostex HP V1 tube hybrid amp
Headphone : LCD XC

Sound quality compare to my ALO Continental V2
High : Fostex HP V1 more crisp and detail with more volume
Mid : is more sweet and intimate than my ALO continental 2
Bass : ALO has better bass impact
Separation : Fostex HP V1 has better music separation
Soundstage : Fostex HP V1 has wider soundstage
IMO

I thought you were going to get the Hugo or the AK240.....
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #10,539 of 37,599
Hi Rudi,

Actually I did get a chance to try the Hugo at the Fujiya show last month. I brought along my Alpha Dogs to that event. Timelord (distributors of Chord) had a presentation of which I attended - I really should put the pix I took in the Chord Hugo thread.

Maybe the ADs were the wrong choice for the Hugo but I felt the whole signature to be almost too clean-cut surgical. I didn't bring my TH-900's as the last time I took it to a show its swivel broke :p. The Hugo is a nice DAC/Amp but I personally feel that a more "musical" (i.e. less analytical) headphone/earphone is more suited to it for my sonic tastes.

Hi Sean

All it matter of synergy in audio gear
I love my Hugo , first about the sound quality and second about the flexibility to pair with my other amps or dac or dap
IMO

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #10,540 of 37,599
How's the AK240? 

Ak 240 in my opinion is improvement from AK 100 , sound quality very detail and better clarity compare to ak 100 / 120' , very wide soundstage , bass impact is less than ak 120
Overall is neutral and natural sound quality
If I pair with Hugo , I get the balance sound quality , with improvement in bass region and sound fuller
I like ak 240 too
But I hate the high price for DAP :D

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #10,541 of 37,599
Ak 240 in my opinion is improvement from AK 100 , sound quality very detail and better clarity compare to ak 100 / 120' , very wide soundstage , bass impact is less than ak 120
Overall is neutral and natural sound quality
If I pair with Hugo , I get the balance sound quality , with improvement in bass region and sound fuller
I like ak 240 too
But I hate the high price for DAP
biggrin.gif

Rudi you should also try the AK240 with balanced cable, might make you forget the high price
biggrin.gif
  I really cannot find an better pocketable device for use on the go....  

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #10,544 of 37,599
  lol kinda looks like the hugo :p.

Plot twist - it is the hugo! 
biggrin.gif

Never thought I'd see someone still using minidisk at this age. Then again, this is head-fi after all.

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #10,545 of 37,599
  lol kinda looks like the hugo :p.

The price-raise kind of de-motivated me for a hugo.

Plot twist - it is the hugo! 
biggrin.gif

Never thought I'd see someone still using minidisk at this age. Then again, this is head-fi after all.

Now I feel old. My first grey hair come out... grey like my NH1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back