Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #8,957 of 37,783
Please don't follow my very bad habit

Yours is not a bad habit at all. You are safe and you can always sell whatever you don't need or adjust inventory according to her mood. :)

There are hobbies which could cost more money with no tangible return and could potentially break her heart. Ask her which hobby she will pick up for you. LOL.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #8,958 of 37,783
I just received my Iphone 5s yesterday night , until now Iphone 4 S is the best from all iPhone series I have .

Out the box Iphone 5 S sound quality is very good .

I haven't done briefly comparison between these two

As apple fan boy I bought every time Iphone came out the new model Except iPhone 5 , because IPhone 5 sound Quality was below my 4 G and 4 S.

Here is the answer for the volume between Iphone 4 S and 5 S:

Like you see in my picture , I use the same music file

At the Same volume level these two phone have almost the same loud with the same hp out

iPhone 4 s only slightly Lauder not that much

This is the reason I bought iPhone 5 s , because of the sq and volume

Note : I haven't tested the speaker out , how loud can produce the iPhone 5s , because I need to buy screen protector first
And I just play last than 5 hours , about the SQ comparison I will do later after burn in

IMO

Nice Album there! Though I feel her voice is way too sweet for me. 

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #8,959 of 37,783
Thank you all my friends for the comments
Head if is like honey or better to say like opium , I Can not run away from head Fi
Every time I got time I open only head Fi

My wife. Complain if you concentrate more to your work like you do for your audio you can earn more money hahaha

That's is my suggestion to all of my friends please. Don't follow my very bad habit

I wish all my friends : Merry Christmas and all the best GBU all

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #8,961 of 37,783
Yours is not a bad habit at all. You are safe and you can always sell whatever you don't need or adjust inventory according to her mood. :)

There are hobbies which could cost more money with no tangible return and could potentially break her heart. Ask her which hobby she will pick up for you. LOL.

The positive from audio hobby :

We stay more at home , no more mood go out like to Karaoke
For me waste time and spend a lot of money
It is better the money for audio :D

The negative from audio hobby :

Spend a Lot money for audio gears

My wife complain if I heard music can not talk so nicely , she must repeat and talk loudly to speak with me
This is very bad situation
From that on the best time to hear after my wife sleep :D

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #8,962 of 37,783
I am not ready yet to sell the stack. :)

My main purpose of having so many ipods is to host my fast growing music library. I enjoy dragging and dropping the FLAC's to these ipods and then listen to the music right away (thanks to the Rockbox).

Actually only 2 of the stack are IPC 160gb's, and the rest are ipod video's. The ipod video's have been modded with all kinds of internal caps. I use them exclusively for comparisons to find the winner of the winners. There are RWA iMods and all kinds of diymods out there, but they are not equal. The RWA iMod does not touch the LOD pins and it is all wired on board (not trying to bash RWA iMod but arguably not a clean bypassing to me). Mine were wired from DAC's directly to the LOD pins (pins lifted off boards). These days there are tons of caps available and they do make great difference in sound. The caps are not just there to block DC output from DAC. In fact from my experience the concerns on the DC offsets are often overblown.

If you have not tried a LOD made of pure silver with cotton jacketing, then you should try one. It blew my mind and convinced me that pure silver doesn't necessarily mean sounding bright. With the cotton dielectric, it sounds more airy with smooth and elastic treble. Silver is well known to present extended bass, better 3D imaging and clarity (details and separations).

Thank you
I have silver lod as well
You are lucky can solder and diy
My friend help me to do diy for me

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #8,963 of 37,783
I finally got my silver interconnect from audio minor, so here is my current go to rig (fiio x3 dual locked to an arrow 4g with my grado sr325is) also I bought a brand new copy of deftones white pony limited edition only 50,000 ever made

The x3 also sounds good unamped connected to my ue 6000

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #8,967 of 37,783

Fiio X3 (8741) > Wagnus Voskhod mini-mini cable > Fiio E12DIY (LM49600 - OPA1611 - High Gain) > ER4S

that mini to mini cable look tasty!!  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back