Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #8,942 of 37,707

Rudi, this is not taking a shot at your photography talents.  I've seen dozens of photos of the Abyss, many from you.  And boy, those things do not look good at all.  I hope their sound is not a reflection of their looks...

...and no, they are not portable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not only that, prolong wearing of the Abyss will shorten your neck 
beyersmile.png

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #8,943 of 37,707
Rudi, this is not taking a shot at your photography talents.  I've seen dozens of photos of the Abyss, many from you.  And boy, those things do not look good at all.  I hope their sound is not a reflection of their looks...

...and no, they are not portable. :)

You are right Jeff
Imam sorry Jeff , next time I try to robe tater
Thank you my friend for your input

The pictures are not so good
But the sound quality is the opposite very good :D

I took In rust because I want compare the sq , if to long I forget the sq
And another problem I can not use short mini to mini if not in stag .thats why I use
Long wire world mini to mini for comparison

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #8,947 of 37,707
My wife will shorten my neck for sure if I spend 5000 euros in a pair of cans.

For Abyss I told to my wife I exchange my 4 headphones
Beyerdybamic T 1
Grado GS 1000 I
Grado HF 2
Alessandro Grado MS Pro

With Abyss

The plus behind the scene I did not tell my wife the truth , for sure she will cut out my budget :D

Please don't follow my very bad habit

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #8,952 of 37,707
May I suggest you do what Rudi did - Don't tell her the truth
wink.gif
Since it is so ugly looking, she may believe you. Haha.

Not telling the true could be a good solution but remember you can always say "I´m just a loaner, I´m doing a review and have to give them back" hopefully after a while she will forget about them

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #8,953 of 37,707
You know, sometimes life could be more about striking the right balance. Now I finally understand why Abyss is such a worthy investment since that's a genuine solution for these challengesvv

fAzGzzV.jpg

Tough call here, which one is a better avatar for 2014v?

FEtQnZrl.jpg
P3oZVuD.jpg

How about this one..

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #8,954 of 37,707
I have already 5 Ipod classic since 2004 , if you sell to is to much
biggrin.gif

I am not ready yet to sell the stack. :)

My main purpose of having so many ipods is to host my fast growing music library. I enjoy dragging and dropping the FLAC's to these ipods and then listen to the music right away (thanks to the Rockbox).

Actually only 2 of the stack are IPC 160gb's, and the rest are ipod video's. The ipod video's have been modded with all kinds of internal caps. I use them exclusively for comparisons to find the winner of the winners. There are RWA iMods and all kinds of diymods out there, but they are not equal. The RWA iMod does not touch the LOD pins and it is all wired on board (not trying to bash RWA iMod but arguably not a clean bypassing to me). Mine were wired from DAC's directly to the LOD pins (pins lifted off boards). These days there are tons of caps available and they do make great difference in sound. The caps are not just there to block DC output from DAC. In fact from my experience the concerns on the DC offsets are often overblown.

If you have not tried a LOD made of pure silver with cotton jacketing, then you should try one. It blew my mind and convinced me that pure silver doesn't necessarily mean sounding bright. With the cotton dielectric, it sounds more airy with smooth and elastic treble. Silver is well known to present extended bass, better 3D imaging and clarity (details and separations).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back