Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #8,570 of 37,657

Your Walkman looks too good to eat
biggrin.gif
, not only listen.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #8,576 of 37,657
Nice pics of the Sony from Rudi and AnakChan.

Pls share impressions on the SQ when you can. Thanks in advance.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #8,577 of 37,657

After seeing your temporary rig (till the ZX1 arrives :), I thought, I could try out this combination too. As an amp the PHA-2 is great. The only difference to your rig is, that I am using an ES10.

Excuse me the dustyness.

Nice, what cable is that, custom? The amp is awesome. Love using it hooked up to the pc or laptop to power the phones vs the internal audio out. Only gripe I have with it combined with the fiio x3 is that the line out on the x3 does not take bass and treble settings into effect. On some tracks I like the bass to be extra heavy like the bass head I am. Otherwise still a great combo until the zx1 arrives.

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #8,578 of 37,657
The Viablue is actually a custom made TRS to TRRS adaptor. The Gold part on top is a TRRS plug on the cable.........

Oh, right!

I get it now. And from this, what would its purpose be? I mean, I'm sure the ZX-1 can support TRRS connection? Or if it were vice versa, would there be a difference in SQ? Considering there is no mic button or anything on the uber cable.

(Sorry for my confusion!) :)

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #8,579 of 37,657
Oh, right!

I get it now. And from this, what would its purpose be? I mean, I'm sure the ZX-1 can support TRRS connection? Or if it were vice versa, would there be a difference in SQ? Considering there is no mic button or anything on the uber cable.

(Sorry for my confusion!)
smily_headphones1.gif

His uber cable is terminated with TRRS, so he can use with his balanced 901. The viablue adaptor is for the plug that's not TRRS. 

I also having similar setup like him but for RSA balance to regular TRS.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #8,580 of 37,657
  His uber cable is terminated with TRRS, so he can use with his balanced 901. The viablue adaptor is for the plug that's not TRRS. 

I also having similar setup like him but for RSA balance to regular TRS.

Alrighty, I undestand now! Thank you for that:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back